Sex Robots Invade Britain!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Max 86

Sex Robots Invade Britain!

Post by Max 86 »

"The conference on how to have sex with robots was seen as so sexually sickening it was banned in Malaysia.

But it is now being held at London's Goldsmith University.

Leading edge sex robots are now alarming reallistic - prompting many to suggest they may replace women in the near future."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/724161 ... d-Malaysia

We live in strange times my friends, strange times indeed! [8|] [:D]
No problem Chief!
Chickenboy

RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!

Post by Chickenboy »

Rumor has it that their first phrase is "Warspite1, I think we should see other people. It's not you, it's me."
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Rumor has it that their first phrase is "Warspite1, I think we should see other people. It's not you, it's me."
Wait - are you sure Warspite's not a robot?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Wait - are you sure Warspite's not a robot?
warspite1

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment....

warspite1 pictured earlier reading We March Against England

Attachments
Studyrobot.jpg
Studyrobot.jpg (23.06 KiB) Viewed 201 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Isn't freedom great...just keep the kids out! [;)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Buried in the article is the proposal by the World Health Organization to classify "failure to find a sexual partner" as a disability. That would make a very large number of people disabled. . .[X(]
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Zap

Post by Zap »

World Health Org. got involved in that! And gave a very stupid statement for their conclusion. They have terrible judgement from what I've seen.
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Reprehensible.

MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

Buried in the article is the proposal by the World Health Organization to classify "failure to find a sexual partner" as a disability. That would make a very large number of people disabled. . .[X(]

And, eventually have health insurance pay for the robots?
We'll also have more people listed with a "disability".

And, the inevitable conversation: "Honey now that I am on SS disability I'll be spending more time in the basement, building and playing with, my models. The doctor did say that I needed a hobby." [:'(]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I don't remember this being addressed in any sci-fi show. Maybe it's too far out there for writers to deal with. (Actually, the only way writers deal with it is having the robot AI go out of control and kill or injure humans.)

Robot sex partners certainly would limit interpersonal relationships between humans leading to less normalization of individuals. It might mean more radicalized behavior. I'm not passing judgement but unlike many sci-fi things this will happen.

Actually, many jobs will be handled by robots.
Buried in the article is the proposal by the World Health Organization to classify "failure to find a sexual partner" as a disability. That would make a very large number of people disabled. . .

The WHO might only approve if they were carbon neutral, so solar panels would have to be installed on their backsides.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

warspite1

Yes but if it helps people in that position - people like Chickenboy for example - then maybe its not so bad? Have a heart folks.....

[:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Attachments
section.jpg
section.jpg (347.7 KiB) Viewed 201 times

PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

The science is actually very clear - a lack of physical contact and affection has significant negative health effects. IIRC a number of Scandinavian countries provide intimate services for the seriously disabled, and have done for decades.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
AbwehrX

Post by AbwehrX »

We live inside a Brave New World now. "Theres the way things should be and theres the way things are..."
[X(]
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

I don't remember this being addressed in any sci-fi show. Maybe it's too far out there for writers to deal with. (Actually, the only way writers deal with it is having the robot AI go out of control and kill or injure humans.)

Robot sex partners certainly would limit interpersonal relationships between humans leading to less normalization of individuals. It might mean more radicalized behavior. I'm not passing judgement but unlike many sci-fi things this will happen.

Actually, many jobs will be handled by robots.
Buried in the article is the proposal by the World Health Organization to classify "failure to find a sexual partner" as a disability. That would make a very large number of people disabled. . .

The WHO might only approve if they were carbon neutral, so solar panels would have to be installed on their backsides.

Spielbergs film 'AI' has both male and female sex robots/ androids, Gigolo Joe being the main one. Priss in Bladerunner was a Basic Pleasure Model and although it's a book Isaac Asimov's robot series mentions them.

ANyhoo sounds like a quick route to an unplanned sex change if yoo get the tension setting wrong...[:'(]

I'll get my coat. [:D]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Mobius
Robot sex partners certainly would limit interpersonal relationships between humans leading to less normalization of individuals. It might mean more radicalized behavior.

From what I can gather from my (admittedly) limited experiences and what I follow through social sites, 'normalization of individuals' vis a vis sexual relationships is a big question mark in today's world. It's weird out there folks. Probably always has been. The new normal may very well be the old normal with today's rose-colored glasses and retrospectoscope.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
Yes but if it helps people in that position

Has Mrs. Warspite1 been telling you about my preferred positions again? [:'(]
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

In addition to those mentioned in post #15, the recent tv series Humans touches on the subject. I've been waiting for season 2 but it keeps getting delayed. [:(]

Surrogates [2009] takes it a step further and replaces all of us with robots.

Robots are an obviously inevitable progression, and I'd like to be here 200 years from now to see what society is like. From the male viewpoint, imagine if you don't have to find a wife and struggle to hold a family together.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

And all of you overlook Ghost in the Shell [:-]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I want a movie where robots complain about humans.

Return to “General Discussion”