Unloading in 0 port

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Unloading in 0 port

Post by Chris21wen »

From the pic you can see I'm trying to unload this gun and it's been like this for 5 turns. The TF has already unloaded one of this type of guns.

The port is 0 size but the BF the gun belongs too has already unloaded and includes 50 Naval support although the base info screen does not show this naval support. I'm also getting a 'TF 426 can not completely unload troops at Terapo' messages.

Two questions:-
Is this pure luck that the gun hasn't unloaded yet given one already has?
The base is not showing and naval support because it is a 0 size port?

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (71.71 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Bearcat2

RE: Unloading in 0 port

Post by Bearcat2 »

"6.3.3.3.2.2 FRIENDLY PORT
For Amphibious docked at and unloading in a friendly port of Size 4 or less, the unload rate is
slightly different for Troops and Cargo.
»» Beaching Craft. Troops unload at a Rate of 1000 points per ship per
turn. Cargo unloads at a Rate of 750 points per ship per turn.
»» Attack Amphibs. Troops unload at a Rate of 1000 points per ship per
turn. Cargo unloads at a Rate of 750 points per ship per turn.
»» Regular Amphibs. Troops unload at a Rate of 300 points per ship per
turn. Cargo unloads at a Rate of 300 points per ship per turn.
»» Merchant Ships. Troops unload at a Rate of 125 points per ship per
turn. Cargo unloads at a Rate of 125 points per ship per turn.
Amphibious TFs not docked at a friendly port unload at a different rate, depending on port
size, amount of free dock space, and the types of ships in the TFs. Amphibious ship types, with
attached landing craft, will unload faster than non-amphibious ships."
"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837
szmike

Post by szmike »

I vaguely remember having similar issue with the very same gun. You'd have to build port asap and set TF to transport mode to unload. That's how I did it I think.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

It's loaded on an xAP and won't unload until/unless:

-You build up the port sufficiently to dock the ship and unload the weapon

-You send enough naval support to do the same as above

-You send it back to another port and load it on a ship with the unloading rate to unload the weapon (AK or AKA, and definitely LST)
btd64

Post by btd64 »

You have naval support. Simple solution. Change to combat mode. The support squads will then go to work....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

To be safe I never send anything to a "0" port except amphib. This includes cargo and you should never have a problem.
As mentioned above you need support so if possible I send an engineer unit in first.

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

From what everyone has said here the gun should not have unloaded. This is what I expected to happen but not having the ability to leave selected devices behind when loading you have to put up with them not doing so and either return to port with them or waiting until the port is built up.

The pic shows the initial load of the Amph TF and having no suitable amphibious ships available I had to use small xAP and xAK. This is why I used a RAN BF with it's Naval support and not some other BF that does not. There's also a Seabee unit in the TF. The current situation is the port is now at 99% so it should unload shortly. One benefit of using a small xAP is it will dock and should unload at a size 1 port.

OK that's the theory. Now the problem, why did the gun unload when it shouldn't have. I have an answer that may indicate a bug. The ship carrying the other gun, xAP Morinda was sunk at Terapo. Shouldn't the gun be lost?

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (83.24 KiB) Viewed 129 times
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Push it overboard and order it to swim ashore.

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Chris H
The current situation is the port is now at 99% so it should unload shortly. One benefit of using a small xAP is it will dock and should unload at a size 1 port.

OK that's the theory. Now the problem, why did the gun unload when it shouldn't have. I have an answer that may indicate a bug. The ship carrying the other gun, xAP Morinda was sunk at Terapo. Shouldn't the gun be lost?

In one of my games I have a ship with a radar set (load cost 360) in an amphib TF at a level 3 port and it STILL won't unload, even though it's docked, so the theory isn't always correct.

Perhaps the gun ashore at Terapo is a replacement, if the xAP Morinda was sunk with the gun on it?
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Perhaps the gun ashore at Terapo is a replacement, if the xAP Morinda was sunk with the gun on it?

Possibly.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

The current situation is the port is now at 99% so it should unload shortly. One benefit of using a small xAP is it will dock and should unload at a size 1 port.

In one of my games I have a ship with a radar set (load cost 360) in an amphib TF at a level 3 port and it STILL won't unload, even though it's docked, so the theory isn't always correct.

It can take up to 3 days for a radar set to unload, but you must have a dock. You just have to leave the troops to it for a while and ignore the messages (unless you have an alternative unloading support you can put in place).

The gun can also take several days to unload. Without a dock I am not sure if it will unless you can create LCTs at that base.
Not sure how the first gun unloaded unless the base was enemy at the time and the troops helped with the unloading.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

It can take up to 3 days for a radar set to unload, but you must have a dock. You just have to leave the troops to it for a while and ignore the messages (unless you have an alternative unloading support you can put in place).

The gun can also take several days to unload. Without a dock I am not sure if it will unless you can create LCTs at that base.
Not sure how the first gun unloaded unless the base was enemy at the time and the troops helped with the unloading.

My particular TF has been docked for weeks upon weeks [;)]. It's just a single xAP and it's relatively unimportant in the scheme of things, so I'll just wait for the port to max out at 4 and if it doesn't unload then I'll try something else because I hate unit fragments.

My best guess on the gun "unloaded" at Terapo is that it was actually a replacement. You could check this with Tracker, actually, in the device history.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I've dug around in Tracker and it does appear that the gun was added as a replacement. Never thought of that initially as I did not think I had enough supply and Terapo is not exactly connected by road to anywhere else. Mistry solved.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

So it is better to ship a unit without its heavy weapons and just create the guns from supplies after the unit has landed.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

So it is better to ship a unit without its heavy weapons and just create the guns from supplies after the unit has landed.

No, the guns elsewhere will have to be eliminated before you can replace them. Fragments still count for the unit where ever they may be. You cannot disband a fragment so the only real way is to lose them via combat or load them on a ship and get it sunk somewhere.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
btd64

Post by btd64 »

On French Frigate Shoals, 0 port, to unload a Marine defence bat and Baseforce, I moved a naval support det to the island, all in a amphibious TF, the troops all landed fine, All in combat mode. Similar situation, but the TF was in Transport mode, I changed the naval support squads, and other landing units, from strategic to combat mode and everything unloaded. Including a 155mm How....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

ORIGINAL: Yaab

No, the guns elsewhere will have to be eliminated before you can replace them. Fragments still count for the unit where ever they may be. You cannot disband a fragment so the only real way is to lose them via combat or load them on a ship and get it sunk somewhere.
There is another way - when I was learning about ship loading I tried to retrieve the CD unit from Diego Garcia. Ship was docked, but I still lost two off the gangplank during loading. [:'(]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”