Physical copy: Wow, what a package!

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

LarryP

Physical copy: Wow, what a package!

Post by LarryP »

I ordered WiF late Friday afternoon (6-3-2016 5 PM) and opted for the physical package for the extra few dollars. Today, the following Wednesday (6-8-2016) I received the physical package by FedEx. Wow, what a deal! These three books are absolutely beautiful, strong, thick pages, full of colorful pictures, worth way more than the extra $10 (approx) I paid. I also used the D-Day 30% coupon with this purchase.

Thanks for this deal Matrix. I have purchased around fifty games through the years from you but this one is probably the best deal yet. [&o] This package is beautiful.
Cataphract88

RE: Physical copy: Wow, what a package!

Post by Cataphract88 »

Yep, it is pretty impressive. [:)]
Richard
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I wish all of my books were of the quality these are. Even the pages are thick, so I can highlight and mark them and they don't bleed through. And, TONS of information with a great binding.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

No doubt the books were a great asset. I just wish they hadn't added so much to the original price which, in my opinion, they were not worthy of.

I mean, these books are real nice things to have, something unheard of in video games. However, when they were shipped to me and at the original prices, because the books had to be send by international air mail, because they are big and (rather) heavy, because they were not sent through a cheaper means and because sending them through the customs instead of just having a Digital Download of Game and PDF, costed me about 80 euro more IIRW about 90$ more of that time...
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

I recall the feeling of first laying hands on the books and maps. Then it faded along with the game. I'm 47 and still have hope for many years down the road of what this could become.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I'm hoping for an AI someday.

All things fade, that's why I own too many games. [:)]
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Books are nice but to be honest I hardly used them.
I buy a game for the game, not for added extras of superfluous nature (when a PDF can work for it).

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I use both. When I am on the couch in the evening, the books are perfect. When at the PC, the 2nd monitor has the PDF showing. However, I have always liked books. There are too many books in our home.
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

ORIGINAL: LarryP

There are too many books in our home.
Impossible. There is no such thing as "too many books". [:)]
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

I think it maybe an older gamer thing. We recall when you bought a computer war game back in the day they came with a big fat juicy manual. Ahhh the good ol days.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

ORIGINAL: LarryP

There are too many books in our home.
Impossible. There is no such thing as "too many books". [:)]

That is true!

Return to “World in Flames”