Cmdr Great War kills my laptop

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
armstp

Cmdr Great War kills my laptop

Post by armstp »

I have just recently bought and downloaded a copy of Commander Great War.
The game plays fine but it creates problems I have not been able to solve with my laptop.
If I turn off the laptop it will fail to restart several times, and when it does start it is likely to freeze
up shortly after starting up and need restarting.

Uninstalling the game doesn’t stop the problem as it leaves a few files even after uninstalling.
You then have to go through the system and root out every remaining piece of Commander Great War.
Once they are all removed the laptop works again. I have been through this process 3 times with the same
result each time.

The laptop is an Asus G73J running windows 10.
The laptop meets all the system specs and has giga-bytes of spare room.
This site says that the game will run under windows 10. Anyone have any idea what is going on?
zakblood

RE: Cmdr Great War kills my laptop

Post by zakblood »

more than likely it will be a admin permission problem or compatibility one, so first tun as admin, second run in compatibility mode, try windows 7 first or 8.1. but for me 7 is the better choice, then if it still doesn't like it try windows xp sp3 mode and remember to tick the box for admin.

check all files are installed, even if it says they aren't needed, install them anyway.

dx9 .net and MVC+ etc

all games from here come with the right files to load the game, so if it says install XX then install it, as just for a example that you're using drx 12, you still need drx9 installed as well, it's not always that simple, but most of the time it's users error or hardware like a driver issue, so good luck, and firewall and anti virus program can also stop files from running of working well so check the logs, plus windows 10 event viewer for error logs, as it will or should point to any program errors.

good luck

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (178.94 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”