A couple questions

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Raptorx7_slith

A couple questions

Post by Raptorx7_slith »

Ill get right to it and thanks in advance, I have only had the game for a week or two now.

-Is it worth striking rail yards deep in Germany, like Cologne or will other rail yards along the line to the front just pick up the slack? If so, is it only worth striking rail yards close to the front lines?

-When looking at rail capacity and its usage, can the ratio, for example Rail capacity "5000:5000" not be exceeded by rail usage on the line before the rail lines becomes over burdened? or am I getting that wrong?

I will definitely have more but these are the ones that have me scratching my head the most.

Thanks!
loki100

RE: A couple questions

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: raptorx7

Ill get right to it and thanks in advance, I have only had the game for a week or two now.

-Is it worth striking rail yards deep in Germany, like Cologne or will other rail yards along the line to the front just pick up the slack? If so, is it only worth striking rail yards close to the front lines?

-When looking at rail capacity and its usage, can the ratio, for example Rail capacity "5000:5000" not be exceeded by rail usage on the line before the rail lines becomes over burdened? or am I getting that wrong?

I will definitely have more but these are the ones that have me scratching my head the most.

Thanks!

Hi

I personally think it is a good idea to reduce Germany's rail net to rubble, the less capacity they have, the less they can move resources, combat supplies and units around.

In the Italian phase of the campaign, make sure you bomb every big rail yard - that will hurt their resupply and limit their ability to respond.

The ratio you see in a hex is an indication of the volume on that hex. You can exceed (if you have the underlying capacity - as above) but as you do each additional 'train' costs a lot more from the fixed pool (which you've been reducing by bombing rail yards) up to a finite level.

Since rail capacity is the main means to resupply, I often look for already existing choke points (ie where usage is high) and then set up a rail interdiction mission over those hex(es). Doing this you further raise the cost of transport into those hexes, potentially reduce how much gets through and definitely mean that there is now less rail capacity for other missions (as they had to pay the penalty for over-use in the hex you bombed).

Return to “The War Room”