How to calculate some weapons/units values?

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

josant

How to calculate some weapons/units values?

Post by josant »

After reading the Poor Man's Mod Guide 4, to create some new units, I have some questions (the guide does not explain these values, only says see special note at the end of the guide, but this note says that you must to ask to Capn Darwin).

I know that to calculate the AP/Heat value is divide the real penetration by 15, but to calculate the SA value of a weapon, how can I do it?

How to calculate the accuracy value of a weapon?

How to calculate the Stab value (stabilizator, from 1 to 10) of a unit?

And how to calculate the FC/RF value (fire control/rangefinder, from 1 to 10) of a unit?

JA
WABAC

RE: How to calculate some weapons/units values?

Post by WABAC »

I have not been active lately, but in the past I have received good help when I brought up specific weapons systems I was trying to create.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Josant, sorry I missed this thread. Here is some help on those items.

SA Values = Best thing to do here is to match you weapon with one in the game and use that SA value. I am making new curves and calculations for SA values that will be used going forward in Southern Storm to replace the files lost in a computer crash some time ago.

Accuracy Values: These come in two flavors. Dumb weapons (guns, iron bombs, etc) have a class assigned value based on the weapon type. For example, a rocket weapon is an Accuracy of 5 and a rotary aircraft cannon is a 6. If you are dealing with a smart weapon (ATGM, SAM, ARM, Guided weapon) then accuracy is the estimated hit percentage / 5. These are going to be very subjective at times, so pick a value that makes sense to you. Most manufacturer specs lie. Look for some historical percentages if you can find them. Weapons over 19 accuracy have counter measure rejection capability. This is a percentage estimate based on the sophistication of the weapon system. This a 0 - 50% adjustment currently. The plan going into 2.1 will be to separate these out to better cover the rejection capability and work with new specials on specific types of guidance and countermeasures.

Stability: 0 = none all the way up to 10 = can move and shoot against a moving target with no reduction in accuracy. This value is further modified by a countries National Electronics Value. So a Stability 8 US system is slightly better than a Soviet 8 system. Look at existing units for ideas on where to set these values for the unit you are doing.

FC/RF(Fire Control/Range Finding): This is a scale from 0 = none (basically eyeballing it) to 10 = Laser range finder with advanced ballistic computers. This also get a modification by National Electronics Value.

I hope this sheds enough light to help you out. If you have any other specific questions let me know.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
josant

Post by josant »

OK, many thanks for the answer, it has clarified those doubts.
JA

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”