ANIME und MANGA thread

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Hexagon

RE: ANIME und MANGA thread

Post by Hexagon »

I like GATE manga but maybe i prefer read the novels but my japanese is even worst than my english... and this is not easy [:D]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Chapter #37 of Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There is up and translated. But what is FULL METAL CHOCO? Is it chocolate bar? Real official brand or fictional?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There practically begs for adventure RPG. I consider GURPS for that. I don't have any experience with that game, though I have played RPG before and game mastered one. So what GURPS material do you recommend?

Do you have any other RPG recommendations? What about war games? Do you any that would be as fitting as GURPS for RPG?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

And now for something completely different:

The Anime Network has started showing Hōzuki no Reitetsu (Hozuki's Coolheadedness), following the daily travails of a demon with possibly the worst job in Creation: chief trouble-shooter for Jigoku, the Japanese Hell. Pretty funny.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

'Kantai Collection' aka 'Fleet Girls Collection' anyone?

Apparently the Japanese are still unhappy about getting most of the IJN sunk during WWII. Still, it's a pity they haven't released the game to we Westerners yet.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

MekWars
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

After couple of months Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There is advancing again. In addition this manga has got three new spin-offs. Then are news about anime adaptation. I'm waiting for anime with mix of dread and excitement...

MekWars
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

'Kantai Collection' aka 'Fleet Girls Collection' anyone? after 'Girls und Panzer' i'm ready for some naval action!

The anime has now completed its broadcast run, and is available on Blue-Ray and DVD. Still, one has to think that the ships that all those cute girls are supposedly the avatars of were in the service of one of the more evil causes of human history. When laughing at Akagi's appetite, should we ignore Pearl Harbor and Darwin?

--Victor Hugo
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Then are news about anime adaptation. I'm waiting for anime with mix of dread and excitement...
To add to that, it'll be interesting how the chosen director manages adaptation from novels & manga that have slaughter, rape, thrashing, blood and guts.

To me it seems more likely anime adaptation doesn't even try to appeal to the fans of the novels and manga with blood & gore, but instead seeks to find new/wider ( = acceptable for the younger) audience for the franchise. If that is the case, then I have mixed feelings about it... How long till July... 3 months? [>:]

MekWars
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

To me it seems more likely anime adaptation doesn't even try to appeal to the fans of the novels and manga with blood & gore, but instead seeks to find new/wider ( = acceptable for the younger) audience for the franchise. If that is the case, then I have mixed feelings about it...

I imagine they will tone it down: you'll note that "Princess Resurrection" had almost no blood in the anime.

--Victor Hugo
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

I imagine they will tone it down
My thoughts exactly. That could get more audience for the anime, but many (most?) novel & anime fans will gather to this camp myself included

MekWars
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Newest chapter of Re:Monster manga gives players of fantasy RPGs something to think about...

MekWars
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

nevermind

oh cmon man!! whadya say? whadya say? [:'(]
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

nevermind

oh cmon man!! whadya say? whadya say? [:'(]

Man, that was two years ago! I hardly remember yesterday. I probably put down anime, but thought who am I to judge.
If people like it, then more power too them.[;)]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Latest manga chapter of Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There seems to be wrap up of the second novel. Among many things in over 50-pages long chapter, Hardy's apostle introduces herself, JSDF comes to the rescue, dark elves comically miss the point, Itami is a big damn hero, and Rory shows more of her dere-side. Excellent chapter all around!

MekWars
Josh

Post by Josh »

Linkies don't work [:(]
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri
Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There

My favourite of this bunch. In middle of the day, stargate of sorts appear in middle of Tokyo, and medieval army pours in to Tokyo's streets. JSDF comes on to the scene, overruns the invaders, and goes through the gate to do some recon-in-excessive-force. I've seen some discussion about what-ifs modern armies in Middle-Earth (some have RPGd it too), and this manga comes pretty damn close. It's not purpose made parody, but just try hold your laughter when JSDF helicopter force flies and fights while playing Ride of the Valkyries through battery of loudspeakers: DADADA DAH-DA! I bought & downloaded Die Walküre from iTunes so I could play it while reading that part again. No official translation in print yet. And yes, this manga is as awesome as it sounds.
Anime is here

Anticlimatic. First episode covers only half of the first chapter (some 17 pages, not counting cover and index). Feels like slaughter was replaced with pointless fillers. With this pace first season's 24 episodes cover only the first novel (24 manga adapted chapters on 3 tankobons). There's to hope disc releases will have more blood & guts.

MekWars
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Return to “General Discussion”