HQ build up for German armies?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

juv95hrn

HQ build up for German armies?

Post by juv95hrn »

The 2013 manual states:

"Only Soviet Army and Axis Corps HQ units that have not moved during the current turn may use the Supply Buildup function. Eligible HQ units will have a BUILDUP button on their unit detail screen (5.4.16). Pressing the BUILDUP button will trigger an immediate resupply of the HQ unit and its eligible attached units."

The option for HQ build up for German Panzer groups and Soviet corps (and even for Soviet Fronts) is highligted in my game. Has there been a change which allows other HQs to do this since then? Or are these highlighted options not giving any effect when pressed? They subtract prestige in any case.

I hope it works since it would be strange that an option appears but it has no effect...

Thanks for clarifying...
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
morvael

RE: HQ build up for German armies?

Post by morvael »

You can have regular combat units assigned to armies or army groups (many scenarios has this setup). If such combat unit operates within 5 hexes of its HQ, it (the HQ) works for that unit as a regular (tactical) HQ. So it's logical it may order a Hq Build Up. Bear in mind it works only for combat units directly attached to that HQ, support units attached to that HQ and its combat units and the HQ unit itself (just like for corps HQs). Doing a build up at army level doesn't mean every subordinated corps does a build up too. This was introduced in 1.08.
juv95hrn

RE: HQ build up for German armies?

Post by juv95hrn »

Thank you. This clarifies a lot. You can now build up at all levels but only the ones directly attached are affected. Copy that.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”