Mouse707 vs operating (finished 79 turns)

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

operating

Mouse707 vs operating (finished 79 turns)

Post by operating »

Mouse as Entente vs Operating CP

A very fast paced match, during which I got my arse handed to me in the end. Did not do many SS, however I did save 3 that no CP player likes to see:

Attachments
ctgw_1431114841.jpg
ctgw_1431114841.jpg (323.64 KiB) Viewed 629 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
operating

RE: Mouse707 vs operating (finished)

Post by operating »

Then Austria-Hungry falls:

Attachments
ctgw_1431117961.jpg
ctgw_1431117961.jpg (326.57 KiB) Viewed 629 times
operating

Post by operating »

Bulgaria was the last to submit, then:

Attachments
ctgw_1431174343.jpg
ctgw_1431174343.jpg (289.8 KiB) Viewed 629 times
operating

Post by operating »

I congratulate Mouse707[&o] for doing a fine job in his first CTGW MP match, he handled his armies like a Pro, even though he won a "Major Victory" he realizes he had learned a lot in the his pursuit of winning. I'm still scratching my head as to what happened: Was it poor generalship? [8|] A strategy that did not work (I did experiment during this one)?[&:] Or, did Kirk alter the game purposely so that I would lose (I think it was the later)?[;)] Did notice some subtle changes to the game during this match, most I agree with, except not being able to dig-in or entrench on desert hexes, that's fine with dune hexes, but not desert hexes... In the later stages of the match we began to chat more and more, which really gives me the feeling of the human to human element of the game . Well folks, that's it for now..[:)]
mouse707

Post by mouse707 »

Very interesting game, my navy was nearly totally destroyed. At several times, I didn't really know what to do with all that ships, and I have lost a lot of them. I have to improve on this point. However, I was successful with the Baltic blockade, and it was the key to the game.
The turnback in the game was very subtle, since during one turn, I was thinking that I didn't have weapons to avoid the loss of the game, and 2 or 3 turns later, the juggernaut has stopped his run.
I think the new rules on PP can maybe give an advantage to the allies, notably to the russian, which can now have a lot of PP if he disbands all his small garrisons. I was able to produce a lot of INF during the first turns.
Thank you very much one more time and congratulations :-)

Return to “After Action Reports”