That ADG game WIF BLITZ might just be real

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

RE: That ADG game WIF BLITZ might just be real

Post by warspite1 »

The website says artwork not final....

Attachments
wifblitzma..nal_v2_1.jpg
wifblitzma..nal_v2_1.jpg (120.53 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Yuk!
Richard
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

It's an area-movement game that is designed to play WWII in 4 to 8 hours, so I think can be forgiven for a few abstractions if it's a fun, playable game.
Paul
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

It's an area-movement game that is designed to play WWII in 4 to 8 hours, so I think can be forgiven for a few abstractions if it's a fun, playable game.
Indeed.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

warspite1

Well personally its not the map "abstractions" I am worried about - its the hideous colours (still got those grey mountains too), the batteries that have sprung up all over the place, and....well.... the design is just completely wrong on every level. Just personal opinion but what the hell were they thinking?

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

From the sounds of it, they were doing their level best to irritate... you!
Paul
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Well they couldn't have done a better job if that was the intention [;)]

That's one sale they won't have - I'm sure they won't lose sleep over the fact, and I'll still give FAIII a go though - map notwithstanding.

AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Map is not final for what I got.
Probably it's a playtest map.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Cohen

Map is not final for what I got.
Probably it's a playtest map.
warspite1

See top of post 21.

Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

All I can say is:

OOOOOOOOOO

MYYYYYYYYY

GOOOOOOOOD

What a stupid incredible step backwards.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

All I can say is:

OOOOOOOOOO

MYYYYYYYYY

GOOOOOOOOD

warspite1

They seem to have merged the rockies and the Appalachians into one central mountain range, the Andes seem to have gone walkabout too, the Caucasus is now fertile farmland... oh dear....

AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

I am pretty confident the "black" icons are a mountain icon representing rough terrain.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

My gaming group here in south Florida play tested this Fatal Alliances product back in 2011 (played several times). I'm not sure if its changed some since then, but I will say that it is a fantastic product! The maps and counters are awesome. The rules are clear. There is diplomacy and its a very unique and graceful system.

You can use the ending point of FA as a starting point for your WiF game. However, the problem with that is that it would probably require both sides to agree...if any side does not like the starting point post FA vs where WiF normally begins, then that idea would fall apart.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Sewerlobster

Post by Sewerlobster »

I hope Blitz is more like Avalon Hill's "Hilter's War" on steroids than Milton Bradley's "Axis & Allies" on steroids
Why choose the lesser evil: Vote Cthulhu.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Jadg, some friends in my current WIF group are playing FA with the latest ruleset, seems interesting, and the map is the wif map, which is very good...
Orm

Post by Orm »

All I can say is:

OOOOOOOOOO

MYYYYYYYYY

GOOOOOOOOD

warspite1

They seem to have merged the rockies and the Appalachians into one central mountain range, the Andes seem to have gone walkabout too, the Caucasus is now fertile farmland... oh dear....
I do not understand why anyone has trouble with this map. Sweden is finally shown its true size and importance. Sweden looks almost the same size as US and that, of course, is a problem but it is easily fixed by increasing the size of Sweden somewhat. [;)][:D]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

I wonder if they expected much fighting in Norway, Sweden and Finland when they made that map since this area is so large.

Clearly they expect lots of units in Gibraltar and Malta. Crete and Cyprus seems to be off limits.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

All I can say is:

OOOOOOOOOO

MYYYYYYYYY

GOOOOOOOOD

warspite1

I do not understand why anyone has trouble with this map. Sweden is finally shown its true size and importance. Sweden looks almost the same size as US and that, of course, is a problem but it is easily fixed by increasing the size of Sweden somewhat. [;)][:D]
warspite1

Come now Orm, me thinks you are being a tad over zealous in your claims about the size and importance of Sweden vis-a-vis the rest of the world.

From past experience I have found such feelings not uncommon in "Johnny Foreigner", and seems to arise from a sense of (quite understandable) inferiority about one's place in the world.

It is not, I am pleased to say, a malaise that affects the superior peoples of the United Kingdom of course. We fully understand our place in the world.

Attachments
Globe.jpg
Globe.jpg (25.51 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Orm

Post by Orm »

It is not, I am pleased to say, a malaise that affects the superior peoples of the United Kingdom of course. We fully understand our place in the world.
Indeed. As long as you insist on having separate national teams in football you might have more fun but will find it harder to gain titles.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm
Indeed. As long as you insist on having separate national teams in football you might have more fun but will find it harder to gain titles.
warspite1

Not sure what that has to do with the self-deprecating comedy Globe, but one thing I guarantee - put the 4 home nations together into one team and we would still be crap.

Return to “World in Flames”