Turnaround? Lowpe (J) vs Tiemanj (A) Stock

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lowpe

RE: Conflict Marcus Island

Post by Lowpe »

I don't think I mentioned it, but my Peggy T factory finally repaired!

Also, I have topped over 900 Allied ships sunk...not counting LCTs.

But I think my best days are behind me...
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I'm not sure if Tracker shows it on the Allied side when an IJ aircraft or engine advances in production. You CAN see it in the in-game database, which is the "D" key. Really clunky, but it's given me some insights. And it definitely shows the effects of R&D to both players.

But really, once you're within bombing range of the HI, you aren't caring so much WHAT you're destroying, just that you're destroying industry for the points. Massive points.

As long as you get enough hits on the Manpower itself, you can burn down industry centers even at a place with Manpower 1. Beware.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I haven't talked in a long time about shipping resources etc.

Here is a look at what is unloading at Shimoneski from Fusan.

Everything is working very well, but drawing from Urumchi stops, starts, stops, pretty darn tough.

Attachments
fusan.jpg
fusan.jpg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Well, I said I wouldn't build anymore of these guys, but I went ahead and built the next two since they were so close to completion when I turned them off.

Part of me just wants to play with all of the ships, even the relatively worthless ones.

Attachments
sst.jpg
sst.jpg (72.93 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Deathstar and its satellites the Fletcherstars.[:'(]

I have been very cautious at setting naval attack ranges, and the Allies seem to send ships to 8-9 hexes from my bases. Right now there is no recon on the Bonins, it is all focused on the HI.

I think I may assemble a large strike force of Betties to hit him, but for now a lot of them are still training. Their torpedo skills are good, but I also want to get lowNav, to strike at a group of destroyers like this.

I also am thinking about sending out the 5 squadrons of Lilly IIb, IIcs against them as they have the range also.

Attachments
sst.jpg
sst.jpg (70.85 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

In Jan of 44, Japan starts to produce a very interesting midget sub: fast with endurance.

I am hoping to use them very aggressively in the Marianas, assuming I still have them by then. Or the Bonins. But you can make them at one port and send them in waves against an invasion force...neat!

Attachments
sst.jpg
sst.jpg (38.47 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Scratch that, Allies pretty much are here to stay as far a recon is. That is until I can take Marcus back again, 2 months for the troops to prepare, and then an opportunity to attack and by then he will probably be in the Marianas too.

Marcus is an atoll, just 6k troops. Just use a division and it's yours, prep or no prep. Don't forget to bring along a garrison and pull the division off. Once the death star leaves of course….
Created by the amazing Dixie
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Wait a minute?

Are the Americans in control of Marcus and you are contemplating taking it back?
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Wait a minute?

Are the Americans in control of Marcus and you are contemplating taking it back?

Contemplating something like that. I haven't done anymore than assign restricted units to prep for it.

It will not be easy, no matter what Mike just said and I am not sure Atoll invasions are something Japan should be doing in late 43 anyhow.

However, I don't think I will ever get an opportunity to do anything about it. It would take my entire navy, and then I would simply lose Marcus a few months later anyway. So what is the point?

I see how I can do it with only one days warning, except for sigint warnings. It definitely could be a disaster of the first magnitude for almost no real gain.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

It definitely could be a disaster of the first magnitude for almost no real gain.

Well now you make it sound like a 'must-do'! [:D]
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Wait a minute?

Contemplating something like that. I haven't done anymore than assign restricted units to prep for it.

It will not be easy, no matter what Mike just said and I am not sure Atoll invasions are something Japan should be doing in late 43 anyhow.

However, I don't think I will ever get an opportunity to do anything about it. It would take my entire navy, and then I would simply lose Marcus a few months later anyway. So what is the point?

I see how I can do it with only one days warning, except for sigint warnings. It definitely could be a disaster of the first magnitude for almost no real gain.

Don't do it. Unless you bring all of your AKs, you won't land enough to take the base. You just won't.
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

All Marcus gives him is an atoll with a small airfield and port, miles from anywhere

By all means raid it, raid it with everything on a fairly regular basis, but an invasion?

He'll be waiting for you with all he's got
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Oct 12, 1943

No night bombing.

First off the big news...three attacks by the midgets at Car Nicobar. All three fail to achieve firing solutions.[:(]

Attachments
ssx.jpg
ssx.jpg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Allies pound retreating troops thru Pegu....this is one of many attacks.

Attachments
pegu.jpg
pegu.jpg (305.96 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Allied Deathstar, Fletcherstars are in striking distance of the Home Islands.

Tsu now has 5/6 detection. Ustonoymiya and major bases west have DLs.

Definitely don't have a lot of AA guns in the HI anymore, perhaps 6 or so units. Five reinforcements in the next 2 months, and then the mobilization in April 44. Don't these guys read the papers, I need those AA units now![:D]

To defend the HI I have about 350 fighters and 36 Nicks - some freshly upgraded so not fully repaired. I have another 150 fighters in the Bonins, all George and Ki100Is. Bonins have no DL. I guess they will be flying back to the HI today.[:D] Another 100 Oscars can make the trip from the Marianas if I feel particularly threatened.

Diversion of forces...argh.

This is his best chance to nail some of these bases, before radars get setup along the coast and AA put into place. We will see what happens...he knows the KB was over in the Andamans two days ago and the Kaga is sitting in drydock at Tokyo and as of today there are 0 fighters in Tokyo.[X(] Can I do anything more to make it inviting for a strike?

Attachments
deathstar.jpg
deathstar.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Actually, a little more AA than I thought. Hokkaido and Kuriles have some rusting AA...

Attachments
deathstar.jpg
deathstar.jpg (38.62 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: Encircled

All Marcus gives him is an atoll with a small airfield and port, miles from anywhere

By all means raid it, raid it with everything on a fairly regular basis, but an invasion?

I am not really sure how I can raid it without bringing everything.[&:] He has two large surface groups parked there, Fletcherstars no doubt.
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I did say I would have to bring everything. [:D] And then, in two months or less, I would lose it again.
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

did say I would have to bring everything. And then, in two months or less, I would lose it again.

You did! But its probably more a ball ache for him to keep it supplied than it is for you, and the merest threat of a raid will force him to keep forces there he could use elsewhere.

Saying that, the viewing public demand an invasion!
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Saying that, the viewing public demand an invasion!

Don't hold your breath! [:D]

Return to “After Action Reports”