Unit names: Typos and consistency

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

AnonK2

Unit names: Typos and consistency

Post by AnonK2 »

Hello Team,

I would like to post typos I found:

Both grand campaign

Brandenburg Fallschirmjäger Regiment (East Front Box > wrongly spelled Bradenburg)
Grossdeutschland Panzer Corps (s missing > reinforcement around January 45)

I do have one request , which could add more flavor and immersion to the game database.
The naming policy for the German units is currently totally mixed up and irritating especially for German native language players.

Example:
818th Gebirgs (German) Pionier (German) Btl
48th Mountain (English) Panzerjaeger (German) Btl
124th Mountain (English) Gun (English) Btl

I would propose to stick to:
Panzer (German) Lehr(German) Division

That would mean to rename

Gun = Geschütz
Howitzer = Haubitzen
Mountain = Gebirgs
Airlanding = Luftlande

etc

Similar issues for example also with the Italian Air Wings - some have Italian Numbering (little 0) and some English.

I would greatly prefer to have English/English when I play Allies and German/German or Italian/Italian when playing Axis. Why? Because historical name was Panzer Lehr Division and not Armored Training Division.
It would be great to have the changes with the next scenario overhaul. If you need help, I can do my very best to send you a list with the required corrections.

Sidenote:
Please continue to add the unit colors - thats an awesome feature and the reason why I prefer West Front over East Front. It adds a lot of flavor and give the units really identity, beeing more than just a grey icon.

Best regards from Germany

Return to “Tech Support”