Games with best AI

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kayoz

RE: Games with best AI

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: berto

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

ORIGINAL: Treale

I'm not picking on any particular game, but don't confuse a good AI with an AI that cheats!
All AI cheat. It is part of the program, how they cheat is important but they all do.

Simply not true.

-1 to berto.

You've failed to define "cheat" before saying "no".

Do you mean - instant reactions, production bonus, omniscient view of the galaxy or anything else which might be considered to be a "cheat" (to limit it to a DW contect)? If you examine any one of these and find the equivalents in any other (roughly similar) game , you're nearly guaranteed to find at least one instance of "cheating".

Yes, I think Twitribes is probably right. Writing an epic scale 4x game without any cheating (of any form) by the AI is probably something we won't see for a while.

caveat: I'm referring only to "decent" or better games. I'm sure there's a lot of absolutely crap games out there that don't do any cheating... or much of anything for that matter. I'm sure you can find something on Steam that doesn't cheat at all.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition. Hands down.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
wodin

Post by wodin »

Kayoz..berto is not wrong..we aren't talking about epic 4x games but wargames in general. He is right not all AI's in wargames cheat. Some go by the exact same rules as the human player.

Also just so you know Command Ops is certainly not a crap game..infact it's one of the best wargames out there.
operating

Post by operating »

If you don't like the AI, try CTGW in MP, "Beats any AI".[;)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

I'm not picking on any particular game, but don't confuse a good AI with an AI that cheats!
All AI cheat. It is part of the program, how they cheat is important but they all do.

So how does Fritz 14 cheat?
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

It's that damn KID, man!
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Not all AI's..I believe Command Ops doesn't have a cheating AI and I'm sure Combat Mission X2 doesn't either.

Combat Mission I and II though "need" a cheating ai. It's so predictable every game. If you go up the sides in both versions with a healthy frontal feint you can flank it every time.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Not so. Our Command Ops AI does not cheat. It accesses information exactly the same way as the human player does through intel reports from its units. Nor can it get more resources or do more with the ones it has.

Sorry I forgot to mention this because to me it's COTA but yes a very good and honest AI but an entirely different game.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

It's that damn KID, man!

Maybe. But so much for his blanket statement.....
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
parusski

Post by parusski »

I must weigh in with my irreverent, but ACCURATE, response. Any game you PBEM with warspite1 has the best AI-that is his artificial intelligence.[8D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Seem to recall the AI in Scourge of War is quite good. Not sure if I'm allowed to talk about that game? [:D]
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
operating

Post by operating »

I would agree...[;)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: parusski

I must weigh in with my irreverent, but ACCURATE, response. Any game you PBEM with warspite1 has the best AI-that is his artificial intelligence.[8D]

hahaha roflmao that was good Par. I nearly choked on my 'milk'.[:D]
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Europa Universalis IV has a very powerful AI, and I´m sure Hearts of Iron IV will reach the same level. Both of them use the clausewitz engine. Probably the more tactical is a wargame the more difficult is to program the ai.

Also Heroes III of Might and Magic+Horn of the Abyss (free expansion).
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

Return to “General Discussion”