[A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Blackstork

RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7)

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: SirFinbar

Let's continue with the art charts and lore pages.

I'm all settled in at my new place now, so can get working fast Blackstork.
For now for lore texts you can just base on GALS for races like Keskudons and Archei (with zero texts done previously for them). And i sent to you Gizzies.

Very important thing is to run one fully automatic game to see what they bring to the game, and what about normal, non-group characters for that particular race (lets say for Archei and Gizzies you have LPG, but no LPG for Keskudons for example, and there hsould be mention about Normal Keskudons skills/bonuses and about their groups). There wont be LPGs more, so i will need to provide some summary about bonuses, or you will need to run at least one automatic game and see how frequent groups are, which roles they can perform and what they bring (i think we will end with mix of testing/summary)
And i glad to hear it, it's really needed feature, together with GALs lore articles will provide both information on Character system (in hint form) and big immersion enhancement. WB, Cheers :)
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

A.61 final announce : (ETA Middle of next week)
1. Minor tunes and fixes based on my testing runs (tune down Paratis abit, very very slight nerf to Dlakars certain ability)
2. Ketarov will get 2nd pass and will have their corporations boosted, extended on more roles, and they wil be balanced into being competitive and inline without losing their Beyond special design. They will get new version of Corporate Nationalism (perhaps renamed slightly) Goverment (as separate new added gvmnt to the game).
3. Ketarov and Naxxilian UI.
4. All 48 race-specific final soundtrack package (finishing full consolidated package) with corrections for Mortalen And Sluken mistakes.
5. Sluken and Boskara CS.
6. Pirate glitch fix.
7. Couple of GALs before/during release.
SirFinbar

Post by SirFinbar »

So is that construction speed bug fixed in 0.6?

EDIT: Blackstork I've been trying to start an Archei game, this happens:

http://jfgrace.files.wordpress.com/2014 ... sdfsdf.png
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

From AI Mod? Yes, indeed. Now lava planet creatures will build at 1.33x speed at their lava planets but much slower at lets say ocean and ice planets. Some races as Archei/Veey/Napoar function with their special stuff as intended.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

I mentioned htis in Big Big letters with red mark (check main post NOTA BENE remark.
Try start game again and all will work ok. It's glitch. I do not know its orgigin , but it happens sometimes... At occassion.
Just try again and it will work (without restarting the game) (i refered to it in A,61 patchnotes as Pirate glitch fix)
SirFinbar

Post by SirFinbar »

I have restarted about 10 times dude. I'll keep trying.

Edit: It works! Sorry [;)]
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

EDIT: TOLD YA!
cool. I will try to dig this dam thing in A.61
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Small announce: There good news and more stuff coming at a.61 .. There will be new racial pedia entry design including more art formatting, edited enhanced and detailed race lore articles by SirFinbar (I also happy to add his name to mod dev team list as writer,creator and redactor!) including character system hints on race base CS, and detailed group-specific lore articles on each of special groups within particular race character system. The AI mod information about weapon focus and design focus, as well as Alliance allegiance will be represented in graphic art pictograms string of 3 for each race at end of entry)
Hawkeye_BF

Post by Hawkeye_BF »

Hmmm great new feeling.
Unfortunately I'am not able to install the new Soundtrack [&:]
I made it exactly like discribed but it doesn't work.
And if I remove the content of sounds/music in main game folder, the game do not start...
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Sorry that its not still transparent to some people how to install soundtrack. I will edit guide later more and will make even more clear. Seems you still did not it right.
1. Please don't touch main game music. My instruction was to clean mod soundtrack folder. I hope you can recover what you deleted.
2. All you need is to copy "sounds" folder from both your race folder and its alliance folder located in soundtrack pack into mods folder (Into Distant Worlds Universe/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe Alpha.
3 I requested music folder indexing few times from devs I hope they will implement it soon. Alas what mod have is best structure possible.

Again - Sounds folder from race(Races/YourRace folder) and Sounds folder from Alliance(Alliances/YourRacesAlliance folder), into Beyond Extended Universe Alpha.
Blackstork

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod

Post by Blackstork »

Each of alliance packs meant to be the main body soundtrack for all races that belong to certain alliance. Due lack of any mechanic that allow automatic soundtrack recognizing, there is need to swap them manually. Find your race alliance according chart given in this post (and in OP) and copy contents of that alliance folder from Alliance folder into your active theme folder.
Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Alliances/Your alliance folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6 folder

Go to Race folder, and copy contents of your race-specific folder into Beyond theme folder.
Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Races/Your race folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6 folder
100% if you follow this guide i made on release there won't be any problem and all will work just name of theme folder is Beyond Extended Universe Alpha (as I explained in previous post)
Hawkeye_BF

Post by Hawkeye_BF »

If I copy Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Races/Your race folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6, there comes the normal DW Soundtrack :(
but if I copy Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Races/Your race folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6/Sounds/Music it works^^

So I dont know what I made wrong...
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

So it works? Good news. Sorry for inconvience. I will investigate and will correct file structure but I still think and it seemsbthere just misunderstanding.
Did you read my post before last one? Contents word refer to folder Sounds and not music itself in both race and alliance folder. So if you copy sounds/music into sounds/music (creating sounds/music/sounds/music structure) this won't work for sure. Pls check post #389 in this thread (last post on previous page)
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

Sorry that its not still transparent to some people how to install soundtrack. I will edit guide later more and will make even more clear. Seems you still did not it right.
1. Please don't touch main game music. My instruction was to clean mod soundtrack folder. I hope you can recover what you deleted.
2. All you need is to copy "sounds" folder from both your race folder and its alliance folder located in soundtrack pack into mods folder (Into Distant Worlds Universe/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe Alpha.
3 I requested music folder indexing few times from devs I hope they will implement it soon. Alas what mod have is best structure possible.

Again - Sounds folder from race(Races/YourRace folder) and Sounds folder from Alliance(Alliances/YourRacesAlliance folder), into Beyond Extended Universe Alpha.
dctm64

Post by dctm64 »

I get an error when I try to run a game in the Classic, Return of the Shakturi and Legends era as any race. I wish I can post an image but the sites anti-spam mechanism thing won't let me...
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: dctm64

I get an error when I try to run a game in the Classic, Return of the Shakturi and Legends era as any race. I wish I can post an image but the sites anti-spam mechanism thing won't let me...

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

I mentioned htis in Big Big letters with red mark (check main post NOTA BENE remark.
Try start game again and all will work ok. It's glitch. I do not know its orgigin , but it happens sometimes... At occassion.
Just try again and it will work (without restarting the game) (i refered to it in A,61 patchnotes as Pirate glitch fix)

Edit: It works! Sorry [;)]

This is known issue and its possible to start the game.
You should just try to start again, i noted about this in main post with big letters NOTE BENE in red mark.
Sorry but this is known issue of current rrelease, but it still not so hard to get game started.
The issue is with pirates so perhaps just lessen amount of them
I will fix this issue in next release (i fight it now)
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

I found fix for thsi problem it seems.
I think i will release A.61 with partial plan but much earlier (today) in order to provide the fix for this issue.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Naxxilian UI done
Will be part of upcoming A.61 update
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ketarov UI
Will be part of A.61 Update
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Due my desire to fix pirate glitch/bug which could appear at start of the game i will release A.61 much much earlier (perhaps today evening) with less features (but almost all of them) than planned before, all un-released features will be part of A.62 which is sheluded to next weekend. Also Soundtrack (initially A.61 planned update) will be updated between A.61 and A.62.

A.61 update plan:
1. Minor tunes and fixes based on my testing runs (tune down Paratis abit, very very slight nerf to Dlakars certain ability)
2. Ketarov will get 2nd pass and will have their corporations boosted, extended on more roles, and they wil be balanced into being competitive and inline without losing their Beyond special design. They will get new version of Corporate Nationalism (perhaps renamed slightly) Goverment (as separate new added gvmnt to the game).
3. Ketarov and Naxxilian UI.
4. Sluken and Securan CS.
5. Pirate glitch fix.

A.61 related update on soundtrack during this week :
1. All 48 race-specific final soundtrack package (finishing full consolidated package) with corrections for Mortalen And Sluken mistakes.

A.62 Next Weekend Update
1. Numerous pedias entries with new formatting design, weapon, energy focus and alliance allegiance art graphic icons, and some of them already with new awesome lore entries on race-specific character system groups by SirFinbar. I am very excited about new pedias!
2. More GALs
3. Yereni, Archei UI.
4. Zenox, Teekan, Mortalen CS.

Return to “Design and Modding”