Soviet data

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Alex1812

Soviet data

Post by Alex1812 »

RBK-250/500

Cluster bomb RBK-250 looks more powerful than RBK-500. I think it should be vice versa

Attachments
rbk.gif
rbk.gif (8.85 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
Alex1812

RE: Soviet data

Post by Alex1812 »

2S9 Nona-S

Have the same protection level like BMD-1/2 (2 points). The maximum range of fire is 8800m for usual shells and 12800m for special shells

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2S9_Nona
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
Alex1812

Post by Alex1812 »

BMP-1,2,3

Crew size must be 3. Where did you find information about the two crew members? [:)]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP-2
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
Alex1812

Post by Alex1812 »

73mm 2A28 Grom and SPG-9

It is the same guns. They use the same shells and they need equal values for SA and HEAT penetration

Attachments
spg.gif
spg.gif (7.58 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Grenadier, Russian Corps
Napoleonic Wargame Club
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Not sure why the SPG-9 and other recoiless guns are messed up, but I will fix the info for 2.06. I'll fix the other typos too. Thanks for the information. I'm sure there are other errors out there too. So post them when you see them and I'll get them fixed.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

I am thinking it may be helpful to do a crowd sourced check on the data spreadsheets. I am seeing what I suspect is wide spread overly large crew sizes. I can't speak much to non-US, but in the US one:

60mm mortar squad (1 tube): 12 crew, should be 3
81mm mortar sqd: 12 crew, should be 5
Dragon team: 4 crew, should be 2
Light/Medium/Heavy MG: all have 7 crew. Should be 2/2/3

Maybe it doesn't have much, if any, impact on game mechanics.

Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Jeff, thankfully that does not impact those types of weapons, but could be a small issue in infantry units (per another thread in mods and scenarios). I'm going back into data files for 2.06, so if you guys find bad values, this would be a good time to fix them.

IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

How do you want it reported, Jim?
Jeff
Sua Sponte
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

What Alex is doing is fine. Really just need to know the bad values and if you have good ones let me know. I'm going to have to review my parsing code and see why I have bad crew values for crew/team weapons. I'm guessing I forgot to adjust down from larger formations. Typos and missed entries are there too. I'm not the best typist in the world. [8|]

WABAC

Post by WABAC »

As long as we are talking about data . . . seems easier to tag onto this one than start a bunch of separate ones.

German MG3 seems to be the same for accuracy and SA in all variants. Is that intended? Had always heard that tripod mountings were more accurate. Not sure why there are two versions of the MMG that appear to be identical. Looks like a duplicate record or some differentiating bit of data is missing. I also note that it is more accurate than the M60 but less accurate than the British or Soviet MMGs.

For the Brits the 7.62 MG is less accurate than the ISW version. SA is the same. Not sure why there are two identical versions of 7.62 ISW. As far as I can tell the FN MAG served until replaced by the L86?

US. There are two versions of M249 with the same start date. One ends production sooner than the other one and has a lower SA value.

Not sure what drives the accuracy formula (obvious by now right[:D]} but the M16 ISW's seem to be very accurate compared to the rifle when the main difference was a bi-pod and the setting of the mode of fire. In any event, the M16A2 ISW has a lower SA value than the 1965 ISW model. Again, not sure if it's the data or me not understanding what I am looking at.

Forgot to put the Soviets in the spread sheet. But I don't see any doubling of data. I do wonder why their bipod and tripod versions of the PK have the same accuracy.

Attachments
mgs.zip
(2.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

There are some doubled up systems that should have weeded out but snuck past my code in some places. Mad Russian has pointed a few out to me. Usually from a naming typo or data typo that showed up as different when sweeping through the data.

Tazak

Post by Tazak »

ORIGINAL: WABAC

For the Brits the 7.62 MG is less accurate than the ISW version. SA is the same. Not sure why there are two identical versions of 7.62 ISW. As far as I can tell the FN MAG served until replaced by the L86?

The L86 is referred to as the LSW and is the SA80 with a bi-pod, heavier/longer barrel and rear pistol grip - it uses 5.56mm ammo and was used to replace the GPMG however as it was too accurate and mag feed we preferred the GPMG and would use official conversion kits to 'borrow' the FV432/Peak turret mounted GPMG and use them instead.

I hadn't spent a lot of time drilling down to the low level weapons (just units and formations) but I'll poke around the UK data as the SA80 & ISW should have nearly the same accuracy and a few other items pop out, I'll have something done over the weekend
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the help guys.

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Getting fixes in today. Crew sizes for infantry weapons teams reflects two teams in the section. Still may have some off crew sizes, but the numbers make more sense. Larger data fixes will be in the national tab to fix arty related values and to get counter battery working correctly again.

Return to “Tech Support”