Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar 80% off on Steam for the next 21 hours

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar 80% off on Steam for the next 21 hours

Post by wings7 »

I'm sure many of you know of or own this game, but for those that don't, it's really an innovative design and historical war game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227060
And it's 80% off for the next 21 hours...[X(] [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
gradenko2k

RE: Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar 80% off on Steam for the next 21 hours

Post by gradenko2k »

Couldn't recommend this game enough - it actually makes you care about logistics!
jday305

Post by jday305 »

Thanks for letting me know. Just bought it. [:D]
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Wow, quite a drop already. I am buying it.

Damn you Wings! [:D]
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Hmm, sure looked tempting but it looked like it was a pre-release version? There was a warning about unfinished product and possible bugs that could cause problems. Review attachments weren't very flattering. Might as well buy from Paradox

Actually maybe I'm missing something and the things mentioned above were taken care of? It does look like an interesting game at a great price if it is a completed game with bugs resolved. But with what I read off that page I don't want to chance the frustration of a product not ready for prime time. I'll be interested to hear from you who bought it if it works well.

edit: I don't think so, read some more recent comments - I get too frustrated with bug filled games and games that crash. One of the big problems in the industry.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I loved the Greek one, but from what I gather this one is not as good and very buggy almost unfinished. The price is right, but I doubt I would play it.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I bought it now (for $5,99) and will regret later (if ever)
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

Hegemony Rome used to be part of Steam's Early Access program, which is some of you might be reading about early-access-type bugs and whatnot. The game has been fully released for months now, though.
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

I picked this up myself yesterday as the first Hegemony is a fantastic game.
Only played an hour or so upto now and i would say that it does still feel like a Beta to play, it does not run anywhere near as smooth as its older brother and the controls feel a bit laggy but it did not feel like anything was off or missing gameplay wise, just some more polish needed.
If i had paid full price i would have felt a little pissed as i dont like feeling i bought a game thats not quit ready for release but picked it up 80% off so no complaints.
Got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy so its something i will get stuck into after a few more patches have been released as i dont think the Devs will leave it as.
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Thanks! Just bought it...
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: M J R

I picked this up myself yesterday as the first Hegemony is a fantastic game.
Only played an hour or so upto now and i would say that it does still feel like a Beta to play, it does not run anywhere near as smooth as its older brother and the controls feel a bit laggy but it did not feel like anything was off or missing gameplay wise, just some more polish needed.
If i had paid full price i would have felt a little pissed as i dont like feeling i bought a game thats not quit ready for release but picked it up 80% off so no complaints.
Got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy so its something i will get stuck into after a few more patches have been released as i dont think the Devs will leave it as.

The developers will update/patch over time. The nice thing about Steam is all the games in your inventory are automatically updated/patched and you can go back and check out what they did for each update/patch. [:)] Happy Gaming Everybody!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

Return to “General Discussion”