game options query

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

cato12

game options query

Post by cato12 »

is there a generally accepted agreement on what are the optimal game settings for games against the AI and also for multiplayer?

obviously people will have differing opinions on this but im looking for a rough idea of the settings I should be using against the AI and also for when I eventually dive into a mp game.
carlkay58

RE: game options query

Post by carlkay58 »

The 'standard' vs the AI is Challenging (110 for AI, 90 for human) although some go 120 for AI and 100 for human. If you can handle the Challenging easily, then you will want to go harder. For multiplayer it is typically 100 vs 100 although individual discussions can alter that.
swkuh

RE: game options query

Post by swkuh »

"Challenging" is a bit steep for me. I use 90, 90, 90, 90, 100 for Axis vs. AI. But I'll try carlkay58's suggestion next. (Hmmm... don't know the effects of a Soviet at 110.)

For a 1st-time player, I'd suggest starting at "Easy" and moving from there. 2nd or 3rd game you should be at Normal.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”