Frontline Road to Moscow

The Frontline Series is an approachable collection of wargames set during the iconic battles of World War II. Available for PC, iOS and Android.

The variety of maps and battle situations is what makes Frontline so different and engaging: players are confronted with blitzkriegs, trench wars and dog fights, but also unusual situation such as missions to capture an armoured convoy, recover important documents, capturing strategic positions and destroy fortifications.
zakblood

Frontline Road to Moscow

Post by zakblood »

Frontline: Road to Moscow Download only £6 what a bargain, pc version released today with no fanfare or drum roll, which is a shame as it looks like a great game and right up my street, my sort of game, easy on the eye, easy to learn and lots to do, just watched the video and read some great reviews, thanks for the game[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Richie61

RE: Frontline Road to Moscow

Post by Richie61 »

I agree. Fun game for the price too!
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

jimi3

Post by jimi3 »

+1 on that. So much easier to work on a PC than an iphone. Looks great as well !!!
Cheers, Jim
sukhoi

Post by sukhoi »

Well spotted zakblood. The announcement is now live! [:)]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ah good news, seen the 7th mentioned and thought it was being kept quiet for a party i hadn't been invited to again[:D]

hehehe[8|]
tgb

Post by tgb »

I have a real aversion to any WW II game that forces the player to play as Germany. Is there a Soviet campaign? This sure looks an awful lot like Unity of Command. How does it differ?
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

No unit stacking, correct? Even air units need to have their own hex? Thus no ability to obey the first principle of military operations and concentrate forces...?
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

I'm with tgb on not being able to choose which side to play. The Soviet union was the lesser of two evils, but are definitely the Allies compared to the Germans. I would have been willing to buy this and pay more for it, if there was an option to play as the Soviet Union. [:'(]
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Then problem is, as a Soviet player you would have to spend first months losing, unless you have an alternate scenario, like what if Soviets attacked first. In UoC you play scenarios for the side that attacked in the real war.

A Soviet campaign would need to start with Lake Khasan, then Khalkhin Gol (you can encircle a Japanese army!) and, jumping fover the early Barbarossa, proceed to Moscow. Possibly, some local counter-attacks like Yelnya or an alternate scenario "save the defenders of Kiev by letting them break out". Or a defensive battle where you get a small force from the beginning and lose half of the map but then reinforcements arrive.

More realistic missions would not hurt either. Attack the Brest fortress without artillery, except a 600 mm mortar placed in a positiohn from which the fortress is out of range?

Altogether, a promising beginning for a very affordable price, could become a hit after some add-ons and mods.
The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

No unit stacking, correct? Even air units need to have their own hex? Thus no ability to obey the first principle of military operations and concentrate forces...?

In grand strategy games with huge maps and range of 1 hex, stacking is very important. Hre you have smaller maps and longer ranges, so you can concentrate fire of several units on one target even if your units are not stacked. You can also attack one enemy with several units.

The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
tombo

Post by tombo »

any new feedback to game?? Forum seems quiet.

looking for light game but have UoC, etc. Is there enough new to buy this?

cheers
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

For the price of two Panzer Corps campaign dlc's, I'd consider it. It's not as simple as it looks, and initially I was against buying it. But there's lots of scenarios, lots of units, and some nuances to the gameplay. I'd consider myself an average player, and I've initially lost a scenario or two rushing in on normal difficulty level.

What I'd love to see and pay for is an editor, of course, but that won't happen if no one supports it.

Also, no crashes, no bugs (I hit yet) and no looking through the manual for some arcane rule. Download and play. So far, I do not regret my purchase.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

For the price of two Panzer Corps campaign dlc's, I'd consider it. It's not as simple as it looks, and initially I was against buying it. But there's lots of scenarios, lots of units, and some nuances to the gameplay. I'd consider myself an average player, and I've initially lost a scenario or two rushing in on normal difficulty level.

What I'd love to see and pay for is an editor, of course, but that won't happen if no one supports it.

Also, no crashes, no bugs (I hit yet) and no looking through the manual for some arcane rule. Download and play. So far, I do not regret my purchase.

It is definitely not as simple as it looks. I too would love to see an editor.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

ORIGINAL: rosseau

It is definitely not as simple as it looks. I too would love to see an editor.

I agree! I can win most of the scenarios/ sections, but I could do A LOT better! Fun little game [:)]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

been playing it since launch, it's one of those games that's for me a hidden classic, it's easy to learn, fun to pick up and doesn't need too much brain power, but saying that, i still haven't mastered it so it's also a challenge, but a fun one.

with some later stuff maybe planned, i can see this being fun to be played for a lot longer, it's not heavy, but worth recommending to a brother / friend :)

Return to “Frontline Series”