anyone up for Sucession Game?

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

johanwanderer

RE: anyone up for Sucession Game?

Post by johanwanderer »

I played one game as the Paratis (before the counter-intelligent patch) and also did not finish it. There was basically nothing left for me to steal (with some 20 empires + 30 pirates). It was so much work scrolling through the list that I gave up. In hind sight, I probably could just automate intelligent ops, and focussed on other things. Then again, I picked them specifically because of the +50 intel, and I wanted to use it. :)
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Well , early game could be boosted with stealing some Warp Precursion from pirates :P

btw you want to join the game? :)
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
johanwanderer

Post by johanwanderer »

I would, but I'm going to be away from all technology next week :) I'll check back when I get back in August.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

i think we could accept you once u return, just let us know :)
Keston

Post by Keston »

I looked at the race details and goals it looks like the Paratis have too much Intelligence. I like the Lipid profile better - some spying bonus but their goal being to snatch a lot of bodies to feed their growth.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Keston

I looked at the race details and goals it looks like the Paratis have too much Intelligence. I like the Lipid profile better - some spying bonus but their goal being to snatch a lot of bodies to feed their growth.
So this means we chosen Lipid eh?

We could start soon then, and may be people will join us eventually

Haree78, mate, come join....
johanwandered might join from start of august :)

Whats size/difficulty/setup we should pick?
Keston

Post by Keston »

Just a thought - the idea seemed to be a race with intelligence advantages - need 5-7 people so premature to decide, right? Not a bad criterion, but running too many agents with rotating players can be confusing. Should victory conditions be specialized or more general expansion=based? Haree78 hit the random button and got a fun choice - maybe they all are, in their own way. The one good restriction would seem to be not playing a species whose victory conditions are based on something none of the players understands enough to fully explain - e.g., I don't understand the mechanics of resorts in detail so wouldn't want to focus on that as a victory condition.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: Keston

Just a thought - the idea seemed to be a race with intelligence advantages - need 5-7 people so premature to decide, right? Not a bad criterion, but running too many agents with rotating players can be confusing. Should victory conditions be specialized or more general expansion=based? Haree78 hit the random button and got a fun choice - maybe they all are, in their own way. The one good restriction would seem to be not playing a species whose victory conditions are based on something none of the players understands enough to fully explain - e.g., I don't understand the mechanics of resorts in detail so wouldn't want to focus on that as a victory condition.

Ok good point that i need to think about it
I have 3 proposals:
1. Lets pick victory conditions you advise, because i think i understand even less in it... (random or else is fine).
2. We repick race.
3. We wait few (3-4) days till i release fully made, unique, with unique art and ships race Ergreagd as alpha part of big project called Beyond Extended Universe mod (check my sig),. The update will have unique new character system with pre-made ~200 unique portrait characters for that race, and also it have some new unique mechanics (you are welcome to read its info). Its also intelligence based, and victory condition are rather simple to understand (Conquer/Counterspionage/Biggest ground troop) . They have very potent ground forces and intelligence bonuses, and some tricky but powerful character replacement mechanic and 3 governments (their outline also described in info in that thread) - 1 for each royal ancestry house . That could be nice exposure/testing - and if you really like / want this - i will be glad.

I am fine with any of those choices - please tell me what you (you and Tcby, as well as any other joining persons) would like

Also anyone invited to join the train!
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Hey guys, there no reply from you, what option we should take?
:) also will be cool if more people join in, johan, Haree, any AAR guys, anyone - you are welcome!
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

Yeah I'm fine with that. Did you manage to get three unique governments working? I was under the impression that there was a max of 1 special government per race.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

no, i did it "trick" way.
I created those 3 gvmnts as normal, not race specific, and denied all other races to use them (you can deny countless gvmnts to any race)

ITs ready ,and actually i could realease it. Ive run alot of games with it and its fine and well balanced. Its unique, powerful, but also hard for start game because you have low pop, certain cons, and must choose between army/troop spam, tech rush with serious penalties or peaceful pop/economy growth. Its 3 in 1 package.
All is done except character system ,which is very complex thing to do, if you ok i could release as normal race, so we will play with old character system. Or we could wait abit, its character system will take few days, but its excitingly awesome, yeah i am exited about it.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Keston, you have some preference or you ok with Ergreagds used , and pre-character version, or version with all character pack?
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Ergreagd are up, Keston does not reply... what our next step would be? Want to start it collaborative growing into something bigger or wait for people>?
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

If people aren't interested, then they aren't interested. I'd prefer to only do a collaborative game with a decent number of people. So maybe shelve it for a little while, and come back later. Maybe revisit once Ice's AI mod has been adapted to distant worlds extended, and your own work has been completed [:)]
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

full character system implementation can take alot of time
releasing races with origina special ship art made for them is even faster buisness
but imo lets keep this thread alive time to time w/o game (if it possible)perhaps people will join
would be glad to have some real team game as well
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Well, Alpha release for Beyond is up :
tm.asp?m=3657646

Anyone want to make join me and Tcby to play sucession game with that or as option with other Extended pool race?
Evan85

Post by Evan85 »

The concept sounds like fun.. I'd opt to join - in case you accept newcommers too.

Though I doubt that comps available to me could handle your BEU mod... with two gigs of ram, I get an annoying number of memory-leaks when playing just Extended without all the portraits, enhanced graphics, redone UI and such. For the same reason, I can't make video-AARs either. Text and screens is cool though.

I wonder if savegames can be transfered and used with matching data-files but different visuals behind them..
Why can't I make friends? Only my Nuclear Devastator understands me.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Wellcome! Sure you are wellcome to join, and now we need to hear From Tcby in order to start. More participants wellcome!

Yes you can transfer savegames between games that share all gameplay changes but have different visuals.

Also, images sizes are same between vanilla and all mods, and new ui will not matter - it is loaded once upon game start, and loaded instead of vanilla one , which have same size.
In other words all those additions WONT make performance of your PC/game worse. Its just more complex data and nicier visuals which stored on hd and loaded once, having same size in your RAM.

Also no problem at all without AAR, you can upload detailed advance with screenshots and text.

ALPHA.5 will be released at friday, we can start thinking about setting/race now, and will start next week. :)

There will be 8 new races to the game additionally to 40 race set from extended game. All of them will have character systems so we can play any, it will be something new for DW:U gaming and could be nice try and showcase of one of those races.

Please tell if i need to list races here or you will pick yourself. I would like to pick from 8 new ones, since they are new, unique, and have interesting character systems each.

Upon release i will post some short summary and tips towards their focus and special gameplay as result of their character system implementation.
Evan85

Post by Evan85 »

Found 5 of the 8 in the second post of the BEU thread. Lazy to look for the others - shift at work is about to end. [:)]

Too bad that stats aren't listed there - I'd be also interested in merits and flaws and victory conditions. Mainly to see what level of flexibility it allows while playing certain races. Would be fun to play as warmongering snails for example. [:'(]

Anyways, will I find these in BEU galactopedia? If yes, disregard this line, I'll do my homework. Otherwise, yes, would you mind linking the most up to date race info?
Why can't I make friends? Only my Nuclear Devastator understands me.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

6 races appear in pedia of .43 release which is current released version. There some changes with stats, and from what I recall race victory condition changed for Laaran (general thingy swapped to subjugation) and Yereni a bit. Archei and Zadaj are new races which not present in .43 release. Beside stats character system is big thing to consider (I've posted 3 charts for Dlakar, Veey and Laaran).

-Ergeagds have complex character system , only race that have unique portrait art. Dark alliance.Mini revolutions, assassins with potent 3 houses.

- Laaran is massive humanoid utilitarian a communist state which have also strong influence of their character system on gameplay. They are quite unique race in .5 which can snowball own home system and its crew to quite powerful levels. A lot can be said about them but its better to see them in.43 + their chart posted inmod thread. Dark alliance.

-Yereni are physcally weak but semi-immortal religious race which have awful diplomacy but great pop growth, science and happiness, superior range and speed missiles and improved tank management tilting their ground combat towards machinery.

-Dlakar are huge intelligent predator worms with most powerful ground forces and big big carriers. They are warmonger paradise and game's war juggernout. They are also Darkies.
Such-Oos are smart tiny charismatic snails. They are about political manipulation, forcing good guys to fight for you, while you protect your planets from ground invasions, expanding due being one of first races to reach end of colonization tree, and watching your private sector becoming monster. Light alliance.

-Veey are electrovore worms, are very adaptable and are about rapid expansion and colonization, while being protective they posses powerful grab area discharge weapons and certain group which specializes on it and if combination of both achieved can be very nasty foe to deal with if unchecked. Blue alliance.

- Archei are nano-particle mechanoids are about incredible paying, stealth, restricted type of living conditions and rapid construction of things. They are very clean and clear race to play which sees a lot but hides itself. Light alliance.

- Zadaj are good , odd insectoids (bees) which are lawful , have strong codex and love to interfere into wars in order to protect weaklings. They have very defined caste system, government called Sacred Matriarchate, lazy drone bees who are champions in reproduction and are quite nasty. Light alliance.

Return to “After Action Reports”