[B554 Never Mind] AAW Patrols don't target in prosecution zones

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

jonpspri

[B554 Never Mind] AAW Patrols don't target in prosecution zones

Post by jonpspri »

Let me start with the usual "This could be user error" disclaimer. One of the side effects of the wonderfully thought-through degree of control of missions is that it's very easy to create missions that don't behave as intended.

Having said that, I've attached my favorite (Canary's Cage) scenario of the moment. There are two save files:

Before - Autosave_100
After - Canary's Cage B554 B

What concerns me is that the AAW patrol missions don't seem to be prosecuting in their sector. In particular, look at BOGEY #288, which is well inside the prosecution zone for Alfa CAP (Hornets). Yet none of the Sqd#121 hornets have even targetted the bogey. I suppose they could be calculating that an intercept is impossible.

I've had a separate problem where essentially identical AAW missions have one mission pick up the intercept and the other not pick it up. I don't have a good saved example of this, but I'll try to remember to post it the next time I see it happening. It's fairly easy to set up the next time I play through the scenario.

TL;DR - Why are the Hornets assigned to Alfa CAP (Hornet) not engaging Bogey #288, which is clearly inside their Prosecution area?

Edit - Never mind. I think I had a brain freeze about how the prosecution zone and the contacts outside area checkbox interact. (Understandable... The combinations can be mindnumbing)
Attachments
CanarysCa..BB554.zip
(2.06 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
"You have debauched my sloth." - Stephen Maturin in H.M.S. Surprise

Return to “Tech Support”