Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0.3 released 40 races

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Cauldyth

RE: Distant Worlds Extended Shadows 3.0.4 released 38 races

Post by Cauldyth »

Yeah, loving my game as the Space Penguins (i.e. Yl'ta). Shame their native habitat isn't ice worlds. [;)]
tjhkkr

RE: Distant Worlds Extended

Post by tjhkkr »

I still say you needed to add the Shakpurri...
Oh the horror! [:D]

Seriously; this stuff is SHARP.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
ponasozis

Post by ponasozis »

ORIGINAL: Malakie

ORIGINAL: Haree78

I do not, other sites don't host as well as mediafire and I don't want to maintain multiple uploads. I will look at moddb soon, not sure if that provides it's own hosting, that should help if it does.

Thanks... looking forward to trying it out once I can download it.. Not sure why Mediafire download catpcha is not working..

disable adblocker in mediafire that should work
worked for me
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

ORIGINAL: Malakie

ORIGINAL: Haree78

I do not, other sites don't host as well as mediafire and I don't want to maintain multiple uploads. I will look at moddb soon, not sure if that provides it's own hosting, that should help if it does.

Thanks... looking forward to trying it out once I can download it.. Not sure why Mediafire download catpcha is not working..

Have you tried other internet browsers?
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

Yeah, loving my game as the Space Penguins (i.e. Yl'ta). Shame their native habitat isn't ice worlds. [;)]

Hahaha, nice :)
tilarium

Post by tilarium »

Hi, new to the game and by extension, to modding the game. Taking the suggestion from Das, I installed the mod and while setting up first game I noticed that some of basic races have had their image changed. For a couple of them, the Kiadian and Haakonish in particular, I like the stock versions of them better. Is there a way for one to go back to the basic games image for those races and if so how would one do that? I make requests like this in other games but also get blasted for it. Please, don't mistake me and take anything bad from this as a lot of the races look great and it's awesome having such a much more varied selection.

Kyle
pycco

Post by pycco »

ORIGINAL: tilarium

Hi, new to the game and by extension, to modding the game. Taking the suggestion from Das, I installed the mod and while setting up first game I noticed that some of basic races have had their image changed. For a couple of them, the Kiadian and Haakonish in particular, I like the stock versions of them better. Is there a way for one to go back to the basic games image for those races and if so how would one do that? I make requests like this in other games but also get blasted for it. Please, don't mistake me and take anything bad from this as a lot of the races look great and it's awesome having such a much more varied selection.

Kyle

you would have to replace the images of undesired pictures with the ones from the base game. ask Darkspire for details if need be he has a grip on the modding aspect.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Flinkebeinchen

Post by Flinkebeinchen »

Just go in the DWE folder, locate the images you don't like and delete them.
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

ORIGINAL: Flinkebeinchen

+1
pycco

Post by pycco »

ORIGINAL: Flinkebeinchen

don't forget the agent pics as well!
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
SamuraiSilhouette

Post by SamuraiSilhouette »

[s]I've just purchased the game and I'm trying to install the Extended universe mod for the steam version. I've followed the youtube video and placed the unzipped archive into the custom folder in the steam directory, loaded up the game, and can't seem to load the DW Extended Universe 1.0 Theme. I get an empty description box. Am I missing something? I'm itching to play the game with this "essential" mod everyone's talking about. I would appreciate anyone's help, thanks![/s]

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. GG
Solarius Scorch

Post by Solarius Scorch »

Am I correct in that the Universe removed races cap? So you can now have a hundred different species in up to 30 families?

If so, I have many home-made species which I would like to add to the DW Extended mod, or perhaps even share with the public.
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Upload em as a standalone, it's pretty easy to combine themes into one after downloading.
HerrTelefonmann

Post by HerrTelefonmann »

Thank you for this mod. I love it [:)]
Solarius Scorch

Post by Solarius Scorch »

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Upload em as a standalone, it's pretty easy to combine themes into one after downloading.

Not when you need to combine the biases.txt files. This is what basically killed my modding efforts for half a year. :P

I'm still interested in the answer if there is a race number cap. Help please :)
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!
pycco

Post by pycco »

so how many hits on download as apposed to prior to steam release.
-Mark Twain
tilarium

RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races

Post by tilarium »

Something else I was wondering about. Is there a way to have multiple images for characters? Wouldn't add much to the game except some variety but I think it would be pretty neat. Don't you? Not even sure if it's possible.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

@HerrTelefonmann
You're welcome.

@Solarius Scorch
No idea what the races cap is.

@pycco
I had something like 4300+ downloads of the most recent version of the shadows mod. The Universe version has had 1759, more than any previous version this early in it's release. There is also people distributing my mod in their own versions so that probably reduces the hits.

@tilarium
There is but it isn't ideal. I would need to name a load of characters and set how many skills/traits they start with, even though I can set them random, it's not what I'd want to do. The request for this feature has gone in quite a few times.
Ardryn

Post by Ardryn »

I've been getting crashes with extended that I haven't with vanilla and turning off the racial events has thus far prevented it, so it seems there's something weird going on with those.
No idea how helpful the crash log will be but here it is:

Code: Select all

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.1

5:05:40 PM Thursday, May 29, 2014

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.InitiateRaceEvent(Race race, RaceEvent raceEvent)
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoRaceEvent(Race race)
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.ReviewEmpireEvents()
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.CheckHabitatIsEmpire(Galaxy galaxy)
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.DoTasks(DateTime time)
    at DistantWorlds.Main.JIuevi9tcRbieZyaK3k(Object , DateTime )
    at DistantWorlds.Main.ury0ME2CKb(DateTime , Int64 , BuiltObjectList , Boolean )
    at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

--- COMPLETE ---

Atrocities

Post by Atrocities »

ORIGINAL: Ardryn

I've been getting crashes with extended that I haven't with vanilla and turning off the racial events has thus far prevented it, so it seems there's something weird going on with those.
No idea how helpful the crash log will be but here it is:

Code: Select all

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.1

5:05:40 PM Thursday, May 29, 2014

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.InitiateRaceEvent(Race race, RaceEvent raceEvent)
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoRaceEvent(Race race)
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.ReviewEmpireEvents()
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.CheckHabitatIsEmpire(Galaxy galaxy)
    at DistantWorlds.Types.Habitat.DoTasks(DateTime time)
    at DistantWorlds.Main.JIuevi9tcRbieZyaK3k(Object , DateTime )
    at DistantWorlds.Main.ury0ME2CKb(DateTime , Int64 , BuiltObjectList , Boolean )
    at DistantWorlds.Main.ProgramLoop()

--- COMPLETE ---

I suspect that the mod hasn't been updated yet for the new patch. Give a day or two and try to see if he has updated the mod for the new Game version. :D

Return to “Design and Modding”