Name of Movie?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Name of Movie?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

It was a russian front movie about snipers and a retreat from somewhere but mostly about snipers both on German side and Russian side. In the end the Russian sniper killed the German Sniper because he killed a little boy who was informing him of the locations of the russian snipers unknowingly. What was the name of this movie?

Also, it's a WWI movie staring Kirk Douglas. I believe it was about some deserters or something to that effect and he had to pick a couple of men to be punished for this and he was having a tough time of it with his superiors. What was the name of this movie?

Not sure but maybe it goes with the Kirk Douglas movie and it was about the execution of some soldier for desertion I think also. The whole movie seemed to be about trying to save this guys life but the excecution happened anyways. I even think the title of the movie was something to the effect of "The Execution of so n so" What was the name of this movie?

Names of good roman history movies beside "Cleopatra" or "The Fall of the Roman Empire". I'm looking for something that has more about Caesar and his expeditions?

Was there ever a movie "Of War and Peace"?
Twotribes

RE: Name of Movie?

Post by Twotribes »

It was Gates of Stalingrad. On the Soviet Movie. Don't know the others
Favoritism is alive and well here.
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Go to IMDB.com and look under Kirk Douglas movies. It's easy.
Flipper
nicwb

Post by nicwb »

The kirk Douglas movie is "Paths of Glory"

The movie plot line is that Douglas is a French officer. His regiment is ordered to attack a German position called the "Anthill". The attack goes wrong with very few men even making the wire. When the second wave refuse to move out the commanding general directs the French artillery to fire on their own troops. After the failure of the attack the commanding general orders one soldiers from each company timed for cowardice. Douglas defends his men but they are all convicted and shot.

When Douglas discovers that the commanding general directed the artillery fire on his own men, he tries to use that to stop the executions but it is covered up and the commanding general merely transferred

There have been more than one movie of war andd peace. There are a couple of Russian ones (naturally). There's an American one with Audrey Hepburn.

There was also a vey good BBC TV version with Anthony Hopkins
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Ahhh thanks at least two good movies to find and download. I couldn't remember what the Douglass one was as I got in on the tail end of it when I first saw it. The russian sniper one I've only seen once and it wasn't like they blasted the title all over the screen the whole movie. Thanks.

Now about War and Peace? Lots of them you say? I haven't seen a one. Listed or otherwise. Especially with Audrey. (loved that gal) (or maybe not) who was the gal that played along side Kirk Douglas in "Spartacus"?

Where's my ancient movie aficionado's?
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

imdb.com you only need a name movie/actor and click a pair of times.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

imdb.com you only need a name movie/actor and click a pair of times.

While looking for the sniper movie I couldn't find "Gates of Stalingrad" So I just put in "Stalingrad" and found a movie I'd never seen before called simply "Stalingrad" and also the sniper movie that is listed "Enemy at the Gates".
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Between imdb.com and any decent search engine (Google) you should be able to find any movie you're looking for.
Flipper
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

"Enemy At The Gates" was awful. "Stalingrad" I thought was a good movie. I always thought "The Thin Red Line" was an underrated WWII movie that is a classic in my collection.

Return to “General Discussion”