Platoon scale game?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

wodin

Platoon scale game?

Post by wodin »

Any news on how the platoon scale game is coming along?
Ratzki

RE: Platoon scale game?

Post by Ratzki »

Yes, I am interested in this myself. Can't get here soon enough.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Well I have done nothing in relation to changes for the Platoon level. My focus right now is on releasing the Med pack.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Well I have done nothing in relation to changes for the Platoon level. My focus right now is on releasing the Med pack.

Bravo! Stay on target!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Sorry I thought you had seperate teams and Bil was working on the platoon game? Or does it require your skilled hand?
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I thought that there was a separate effort to create a platoon level game as well. Have not heard any news in a while.
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Sorry I thought you had seperate teams and Bil was working on the platoon game? Or does it require your skilled hand?

Wodin there's no hinderance to creating a platoon level game using the Estab Editor to create the appropriate formations.

Fact is that many of the scenarios in Command Ops include platoon level organizations, and with the refined (e.g. fewer meters between grid points) map sampling implemented in the latest patch, those platoons function at a better level than in the past.

The tools available for the game (e.g. researching / creating a map, researching / creating an Estab, and finally researching / creating a scenario at a platoon level of control) allows you, or anyone else interested, to create a platoon level combat for release in the forum.
Take care,

jim

Return to “Command Ops Series”