AHC - American Heroes Channel

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Citizen Emperor

RE: AHC - American Heroes Channel

Post by Citizen Emperor »

Well, at least World War II in Color is still being run on the channel, during the day and in the wee hours of the morning...
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."
mbar

Post by mbar »

Ah forget it! I take it back. I don't like the change. I like UFO, Bermuda Triangle and Conspiracy as much as the next guy but not on my Military Channel.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I like the new channel and I know it's not really new. Why are the older generation so resistant to change?[:D]
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
reg113

Post by reg113 »

Hey kid, get off my lawn!!!
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus
ORIGINAL: Lecivius

"I do not think that American TV and film companies consider any other markets when they make their decisions."

I don't believe American Business even thinks anymore.  Seriously.  [8|]

This is indeed curious. After all, it is an indisputable fact that the Anglo-Saxons (namely British and Americans) make the best historians. Or, if you prefer, they are a History (science) superpower.

But for some reason businessmen are not interested about these high quality, internationally reputed scholars [&:] They only serve to the audience the leftovers: light, sensationalist programmes (gross, childish mistakes are common, easily detected). It is as if they thought the mass of the people do not deserve caviar (which is plenty at hand).

And yes, I am describing the History Channel.
Do you have a source for the claim that Anglo-Saxons (British and Americans) make the best historians?

It is not that I want to argue with you about this but that it would be nice for me to know if there is any research done about this.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
DerTroof

Post by DerTroof »

Not happy about the change, but not surprised by it. Seems the Military Channel was starved for new content quite a while ago. Youtube seems to be the best place for interesting military history docs now.
NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

ORIGINAL: DerTroof
Seems the Military Channel was starved for new content quite a while ago.

This is the reason we're not seeing more history docs. Nearly every channel has dedicated it's full attention to creating craptistic 'Reality TV' shows and stopped making new docs.

AHC still has some fairly recent stuff, fortunately, so it's our best bet on TV right now. However, there aren't many docs historical docs being made lately. Filthy Redneck Housewife Bridezilla Survivors and the Ancient Alien Iceroad Pickers are where all the production resources are going. Hopefully the fad will die away at some point.

Return to “General Discussion”