Operation Weserübung - playtest

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Erik2

Operation Weserübung - playtest

Post by Erik2 »

This scenario is covering the German invasion of Denmark and Norway in 1940 is ready for playtesting.
The scenario will be PBEM or hotseat only, the AI is using a veeery long time calculating its moves and will probably not handle the campaign well anyway.
I hope for two playtesters, one playing the Germans against me and the other playing the Allies (Denmark, Norway, Britain, France and Free Poles).

The scenario features battalion units, air squadrons, naval fleets, coastal forts, paradrops & seaborne invasions/reinforcements.

Thank you in advance.
Erik
ernieschwitz

RE: Operation Weserübung - playtest

Post by ernieschwitz »

It´s finally ready for playtesting? Good job! :) I hope you get your playtesters... and soon :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

It´s finally ready for playtesting? Good job! :) I hope you get your playtesters... and soon :)

Me too [:)]

I know I am not 100% objective, but it is quite an interesting scenario with some tough decisions playing either side.
Also I have created new formulas with a number of real-life values for all SFTs. There are a number of new equipment for land, air and sea units so some consistent system was needed. It seems that all parts play together nicely; dog-fights, anti-air, naval engagements, coastal artillery, air-to-ship attacks etc.
Sensei.Tokugawa

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Not sure if I can make it so let me just express my initial interest - without mentioning that I am quite new to the system and have just started my first two PBEMs.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: burroughs

Not sure if I can make it so let me just express my initial interest - without mentioning that I am quite new to the system and have just started my first two PBEMs.

You are of course welcome aboard if you find the time.
I will help you out with tips for playing Weserubung if you are new to the game.

I am almost finished with an internal play-test. The Germans have just lost Narvik to British, French and Norwegian tropps with the relief force stuck a bit south at Bodø.
Sensei.Tokugawa

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Anybody else appeared? I am still up for that anyway.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: burroughs

Anybody else appeared? I am still up for that anyway.

Nope, you are the first.
I am currently adding correct supply carry to the naval vessels to determine max range (days at sea). The devil is in the details...
If you send me an email at erik.nygaard@nrk.no I will provide you with download links later today.
Do you want to play the Germans or Allies?
Playing the Germans would probably require some knowledge about the invasions to maximize the result on the first round.
There are background history and some player tips available in the scenario briefings.

Thanks for stepping forward!
Erik

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”