Things we would like added to the game

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
dirwulf

Things we would like added to the game

Post by dirwulf »

Also known as suggestions. maybe it would be easier if they were all in one place.

I don't have much at this point, but ONE thing that I would really love to see that bugs me after every race. A replay option.

I want to watch my glorious victories and my miserable failures again!

Add your suggestions below, such as driver stats.

(I almost forgot to add, I can't stop playing. Great game. As a fan of Circus Maximus, this is just freaking awesome.)
jack54

RE: Things we would like seen added to the game

Post by jack54 »

ok Good idea

-----Driver history

-----Race results
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

+1 on replay.
BYU 14

Post by BYU 14 »

Definitely driver history and if possible a rivalry system, where the player can designate someone as a rival, giving them a boost whenever they race this person, or perhaps make your attacks a bit more lethal. Conversely, if you take someone out, they may deem you a rival and come after you more in subsequent matchups.

I know in my game there are already a few I have singled out and look for and I was actually pissed when one who had been a particular PITA was killed and it was not one of my drivers that did it :)
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

ORIGINAL: BYU 14

Definitely driver history and if possible a rivalry system, where the player can designate someone as a rival, giving them a boost whenever they race this person, or perhaps make your attacks a bit more lethal. Conversely, if you take someone out, they may deem you a rival and come after you more in subsequent matchups.

I know in my game there are already a few I have singled out and look for and I was actually pissed when one who had been a particular PITA was killed and it was not one of my drivers that did it :)

:) I remember in one of my campaigns I had the merchant faction's leader as my great nemesis. It was made more interesting that I was also playing as a Merchant team, and this guy was blocking my best aurigas' way to greatness. I just could not win when the AI faction leader was racing. Period. After I had enough of that, it cost me two aurigas when I concentrated on trying to take him out. It was quite epic. :D
tgb

Post by tgb »

A confirmation box before deleting a saved campaign
jack54

Post by jack54 »

ORIGINAL: tgb

oowwchh! That must have hurt!

SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Maybe a pop-up (that you can disable if you want) that displays the actions that are taking place as you race (whip loss, results of attacks etc).
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Ohhh NOOOO I just did the same thing; serious it only took one click!

Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

I am sorry about that!
You could manually do saves to avoid this, by creating a copy of the current campaign file at a given moment.
Saves are located inside the main game folder, named "campaign_" plus your team's name
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
PunkReaper

Post by PunkReaper »

I would like a history page so you can see a record of all your charioteers dead and alive. Helps with the grieving process....
DasTactic

Post by DasTactic »

I particularly wanted access to extended information about the various competitors during the race. Would be good to see the skills as well as their faction and standing.
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

ORIGINAL: Das123

I particularly wanted access to extended information about the various competitors during the race. Would be good to see the skills as well as their faction and standing.

Actually you can see all of them right now. Skills and attributes are "coded" into how the driver, the horses, and the chariots look like. I know that takes a bit getting used to, but it is nice once you can judge by a glance. :)
"standing" of an AI driver is also displayed as far as it is relevant: in the campaign game, each faction has a local leader. A champion of sorts. They have a special "fancy" helmet in their faction colour during the race, so you can identify them.
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: Tamas

Actually you can see all of them right now. Skills and attributes are "coded" into how the driver, the horses, and the chariots look like. I know that takes a bit getting used to, but it is nice once you can judge by a glance. :)
"standing" of an AI driver is also displayed as far as it is relevant: in the campaign game, each faction has a local leader. A champion of sorts. They have a special "fancy" helmet in their faction colour during the race, so you can identify them.

Can you elaborate?
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

Answering for Tamas, have a look at the howtoplay guide, second chapter [;)]

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

ORIGINAL: Tamas

Can you elaborate?

EDIT: Turnopia was quicker :D

If you check the manual, at section 2, Upgrades, you can see this illustrated, but basically: the more skilled an auriga is, the lighter the colouring of his clothing is.
The more stamina/resistance he has, the better helmet he wears (no helmet means default, of course).

Size or "heaviness" of the chariots is of course displayed by how big the chariot is, and if it has blades on the wheels. The speed of the chariot is, as indicated in the manual, goes from grey through light brown to brown.

Horses are colour coded the same way, but it is a bit more tricky, so please check the picture in the manual for it. :)
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Hotseat (multiple player option) for the single races.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I love the game. It is a blast so far, and I am still in the first city and can't make money for the life of me.

My comments:

1. I HATE the camera control between turns. I wish the camera could be moved independently of where your chariot is. For example, I am way behind. I want to move the camera to the turn ahead, which still keeps my chariot on screen if I zoom out, and watch the other chariots turn the corner during the turn. I do not like that the camera is always fixed with my chariot in the center. I want more control over the camera.

2. The color scheme for chariots and horses is way too subtle. I can't remember what shade means what. Sure, I will probably remember eventually, but it will take a while, and it should not be this difficult. I don't want to keep alt-tabbing back to the manual to look at the color matrix. There needs to be a much easier way to differentiate the levels of chariots and horses. And, what is the difference in the Aurigas? Just the teeny helmet top color? Again, too subtle.

Ok, back to the fun.
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: Turnopia

Answering for Tamas, have a look at the howtoplay guide, second chapter [;)]

All well and good if I had a hardcopy of the manual. Even printing it out doesn't help, since my laser printer is b/w. How about something when you mouse over an opponent's auriga, quadriga, or horses, like a toll tip?
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Yes, tgb's idea of tooltips that pop up when you mouse over an opponent to show their stats is essential.

Also, this plays into the camera control. I REALLY wish it did not snap back to my chariot. It should stay where I place it. My chariot must be on screen in order for me to do my action, anyway. Why not a free moving camera?

Return to “QVADRIGA”