Formations

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

JohnGib

Formations

Post by JohnGib »

Have played Harpoon for many years. Have been able to set up aircraft screens in formations easily (e.g ASW helicopter units flying around formation). Is it possible to do this in Command? If so, how?
John Garesse
Primarchx

RE: Formations

Post by Primarchx »

Use Reference Points to create areas, either static or fixed to a group, and assign aircraft missions to those areas.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Command's implementation of patrol areas allows you to set up patrols using aircraft from other groups or bases. I.e. you can use land-based MPAs in a convoy's ASW screen.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

Use Reference Points to create areas, either static or fixed to a group, and assign aircraft missions to those areas.

Do the reference points move with the group? If not how would that work to set up group CAP that moved with the group?
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Werewolf they do. You can set them up to be on fixed or relative bearing to the unit or group you anchor them too.

Thanks!

Mike
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Werewolf they do. You can set them up to be on fixed or relative bearing to the unit or group you anchor them too.

Thanks!

Mike

thanks for the reply. That seems like it would be a really powerful feature since one could shape the area as needed. Does setting up an ASW formation patrol work the same way? How about threat axis?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I haven't got C:MNAO yet. Sitting on the fence but teetering.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi

It does and is where most of your air tasking and far ship patrols should occur instead of the formation editor. In terms of threat axis you would use a fixed reference points instead of relative. If you need to shift just move the reference points.

I wouldn't say you're exactly a newbie. Knowing about the threat axis feature in Harpoon qualifies that[:)]
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Werewolf get off the fence and buy the game, you won't regret it. This SIM is better than Harpoon. Ex Harpooner from the Amiga days plus every edition since.
Formerly Goodwood

George Patton

Post by George Patton »

I player Harpoon since first edition for pf and for every editions and for me too CMANO is really better
smudge56

Post by smudge56 »

I tried to play Harpoon and could never get into it. This game no problem really easy to get into and there is a great community here if you need help. Trust me i know i've asked lots of questions.[:D]
AKA - Smudge

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”