AfrikaKorps/Grand Campaign Installation

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Steveonfirst

AfrikaKorps/Grand Campaign Installation

Post by Steveonfirst »

I received the subject DVDs and attempted to install. Both disks run at high speeds but nothing happens. I tried a number of times, different order. No joy. I previously installed PK Wehrmacht and SOW 150 with no issues. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"
VPaulus

RE: AfrikaKorps/Grand Campaign Installation

Post by VPaulus »

Can you access the contents of the disc by selecting from the desktop Start-> My Computer? If so do the following:

1.Right click on the drive that you inserted the disc into.
2. Select “Explore”. This will display the contents of the disc
3.Copy the game installer from the disc and paste the installer to the desktop.
4. Run the installer from the desktop.
Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give that a try and get back with you.
Hancock The Superb

"There are times when a corp commander's life does not count.." Major General W.S. Hancock- "Thunderbolt of the Army of the Potomac"
Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

Tried both discs. No joy. High noise from disc slot, no "discover" option no matter what I try. Next?
Hancock The Superb

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

If possible try in a different computer with a different DVD player. This way we will be sure that it's the media.
Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

Tried on my son's toschiba laptop, same problems. Seems strange both discs have the same problem after I was able to install the PK and SOW initially with no problems.
Hancock The Superb

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Open a helpdesk support ticket with your issue and mention this thread. We will continue from there.
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Steveonfirst

Post by Steveonfirst »

VPaulus, to let you know the Slitherine help desk was prompt with corrective action. Within two hours, they contacted me and initiated a reship plus forwarded the download links. Well done! And thank you for your suggestions. I continue to enjoy the games and appreciate the Matrix Games staff.
Hancock The Superb

RogerD

Post by RogerD »

I just had the same problem with Panzer Corps-Grand Campaign (the disc arrived on Dec. 23-just in time for X-mas). Tried to download on fathers comp-no go. Drive does not recognize the disc in the drive-as if there is nothing in the drive. I had no problem with the Panzer Corps disc that was purchased a week earlier.

Took the Grand campaign disc home and the same thing-my comp did not recognize anything being in the drive.

Added this message to show it is not a one time issue.

Return to “Tech Support”