OT: Word Wrap

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bullwinkle58

OT: Word Wrap

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

For some reason and without overt action from me, my post-writing window on this forum has stopped word-wrapping. I'm getting immensely long lines that run on for yards off the screen and out intot he yard. I can't figure out where this setting is found in the interface. IT started after a large set of Windows 7 updates. Is anybody else seeing this? Is there a way to fix it?
The Moose
AW1Steve

RE: OT: Word Wrap

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

For some reason and without overt action from me, my post-writing window on this forum has stopped word-wrapping. I'm getting immensely long lines that run on for yards off the screen and out intot he yard. I can't figure out where this setting is found in the interface. IT started after a large set of Windows 7 updates. Is anybody else seeing this? Is there a way to fix it?

Yes , I've noticed it too. I think it means we need to provide a human sacrifice of an IT manager. Now all I need to do is find a volcano to throw them into. That will appease the Binary Gods. Anyone know where I can find a volcano in Illinois? [&:][:D]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Yes , I've noticed it too. I think it means we need to provide a human sacrifice of an IT manager. Now all I need to do is find a volcano to throw them into. That will appease the Binary Gods. Anyone know where I can find a volcano in Illinois? [&:][:D]

At least it's not just me. Can't help you on the sacrifice, although if virginity is a prereq most IT managers would qualify. [:)]
The Moose
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Well, there should be a bunch of sacrifice-ready IT managers that the Feds are ready to line up for your needs. Something ACA something something? [:D]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Well, there should be a bunch of sacrifice-ready IT managers that the Feds are ready to line up for your needs. Something ACA something something? [:D]

Naw....Fed it managers are usually low GS-number individuals. They tell their "lords and masters" that something is wrong and are ignored. The real problem is that if you throw a GS-14 or 15 , or worse yet and SES, into a volcano , it spits them back out. [:D]
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Weird things going on today.

Like how does the "Top: Patch 06 and beyond ! " thread on these boards have a -1 in number of posts?? JW get demoted of some such? [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Like how does the "Top: Patch 06 and beyond ! " thread on these boards have a -1 in number of posts?? JW get demoted of some such? [:D]

Just tried to update my AAR. When I bold the title it erases the text and just leaves the \ tags. Something is really messed up on the server side today.

I posted an alert in the General Forum just now. Go there and comment on what you're seeing. For now, I can't do the AAR. Havne't missed a day yet; would hate to start now.
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Just tried to update my AAR. When I bold the title it erases the text and just leaves the \ tags. Something is really messed up on the server side today.

I posted an alert in the General Forum just now. Go there and comment on what you're seeing. For now, I can't do the AAR. Havne't missed a day yet; would hate to start now.

FWIW, I did not place the text above in Bold.
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Rebooted, and TEST TEST TEST.
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Rebooted, and TEST TEST TEST.

Yep, broken.
The Moose
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Someone has finally realized you are just a bold person and made you that way permanently. [;)]
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Someone has finally realized you are just a bold person and made you that way permanently. [;)]

OK, couple of hours later. FWIW, above in the bolded post with a \ I had typed in the bracket-Bs to show the Bold tag, but the site auto-deleted them and left just thye slash on the closing tag. Weird. Never seen forum software do this. Still don't have word wrap. How extensive is this?
The Moose
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

OK, couple of hours later. FWIW, above in the bolded post with a \ I had typed in the bracker-Bs to show the Bold tag, but the site auto-deleted them and left just thye slash on the closing tag. Weird. Never seen forum software do this. Still don't have word wrap. How extensive is this?

Well, the auto-bolding is fixed. Still getting obscene amounts of non-line-wrap.
The Moose
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

FWIW, it looks ok to me.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

FWIW, it looks ok to me.

Are you in Windows 7?

It looks fine once posted. It's the composition window without the wrap.
The Moose
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

XP here, with IE8
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

XP here, with IE8

Ah. I'm in 7, and the last set of upgrades told me I now have "IE11" which I never wanted.

I just did my AAR. I can't bold anything, word wrap is gone, and now all the right-click menus for Windows (cut & paste) are disabled too. Can only do that by keyboard shortcuts. I give up. Time to do a turn.
The Moose
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

XP here, with IE8

Ah. I'm in 7, and the last set of upgrades told me I now have "IE11" which I never wanted.

I just did my AAR. I can't bold anything, word wrap is gone, and now all the right-click menus for Windows (cut & paste) are disabled too. Can only do that by keyboard shortcuts. I give up. Time to do a turn.

I would downgrade back to IE 10 or lower. IE 11 is buggy
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Xargun

XP here, with IE8

I would downgrade back to IE 10 or lower. IE 11 is buggy
That's much easier said then done. I'm trying to , but Microsoft never gives up without a fight , and doesn't seem to want to "retrograde". [:(]
tocaff

Post by tocaff »

IE has always left something to be desired.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”