When?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Joseignacio

RE: When?

Post by Joseignacio »

Thanks, Numydar and Steven.
alexvand

Post by alexvand »

Only a decade?

The last time I played this game face to face was in 1995. I heard a rumour back then about the idea that the game might be computerized. I've been waiting every since. Only a few more days........
Boschy

Post by Boschy »

What ... is it time to dust off my WiF brain and get it back in to gear!

I haven't played the board game in several years now but I do have many memories of six month long games played one night a week, with my shed not being used for the car. It was hell during the Canberra winters!

I was even a very early tester of CWiF about a decade ago and had the honour of playing with Harry a few times. Glorious days! :).
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I think it is time.

Have you been following the development or did you happen here recently?

Welcome.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Boschy

Post by Boschy »

I was active on this forum many a year ago under a different name, when I was heavily in to WiF several years ago. I was testing CWiF back before Matrix became involved but kind of lost track of it for some reason (I can't remember why). Then Matrix became involved and I just sort of migrated to the forum for a while. When I stopped playing WiF (after 15 years straight I needed a break) I drifted away from the CWiF forum too although I have checked in once in a while over the past few years just to see how things are going.

This was just one of those random checks!

Thanks for the welcome, by the way. It's appreciated.
DQ2004

Post by DQ2004 »

Only a decade? Well, maybe more. I guess I was saying 'roughly' a decade!!
...but in all honesty when they first announced it would become a computer game I didn't expect it to happen quickly.
Only when Matrix came onboard did I think it would be much sooner. So that IS a decade!

No criticism of Steve and the team in saying that, I think they've done a great job overall with obviously limited resources. I wish I'd been able to find the time to assist.
"Look at you - you have HORSES! What were you thinking?!?" - Paratrooper David Webster
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

yes it is going to be released.

but my opinion is that it is not ready. but then I have big expectations
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Guillerdemon

Post by Guillerdemon »

Congrats small team!!!
In my case I'm used to playing solo the first version, so for now I will not have much change. The problem is that I have achieved this level of play that I have not level opponents in the board game.
By the way what time and GMT will leave the game?, And only hours away ...
“Una orquesta con buenos músicos y buenos instrumentos. Si hubiésemos tenido eso en España...”

David Ramón Etarict (Sergent-chef “Fábregas”) 2e DB
Joey73

Post by Joey73 »

Hi!

Im a long time lurker here in the forums. Have been playing boardgame wif for 25 years and even played a couple of games solitaire on the old cwif. Must say that im very pleased to see this game finally going out for sale. Thanks to all involved.

Johan
para bellum
Omnius

About Time

Post by Omnius »

I'm glad that the long wait is finally almost over, less than 24 hours now. I sure hope the game isn't too buggy in the initial release so that too many bugs don't mar my gaming experience. It will be interesting to see how close to the board game the PC version is. I do like the way they changed the map scale in the Pacific to be consistent with the European map scale. I sure hope the shipping of resources is vastly improved over the old PC version put out by ADG, hopefully when you manually set resource pathing the program won't always rethink it poorly. [8D]
Skanvak

RE: About Time

Post by Skanvak »

What is hour of avialablitlity express at GMT+1? Because I am 7/11/2013 and it is still not avialable.

Best regards

Skanvak
ANTONIOr

Post by ANTONIOr »

hi all !

today is the day ! thank you Steve for your unbelievable effort ! best wishes for your health again ,,and not just for doing a good job with the next jewel ...the AI [:D]
Sewerlobster

Post by Sewerlobster »

ORIGINAL: Skanvak

What is hour of avialablitlity express at GMT+1? Because I am 7/11/2013 and it is still not avialable.
I read earlier that the releases are usually about 14:00-17:00 GMT. I see the page now has the release date back up instead of "Coming soon" so let's hope there's no glitches.
Why choose the lesser evil: Vote Cthulhu.
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Should be around 12:00 EST (US) which would be 17:00 GMT me thinks!

Tonite should be a blast, MWIF to wrap my hands/head around and 2 good college ballgames on the telly (Baylor/OU and Stanford/Ore.
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Anendrue

Post by Anendrue »

WAY TO GO STEVE! I have cheered, rooted and told everyone this day would happen. Trolls, werewolves and other near do wells. I just want to say... We told you so!
Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.
catski

Post by catski »

It seems such a long time waiting for it to finally almost be here and able to buy it!!

Big thanks to Steve for all the hard work and many hours and illness in getting this brillant board game to life[&o]
werwolf

Post by werwolf »

ORIGINAL: abj9562

WAY TO GO STEVE! I have cheered, rooted and told everyone this day would happen. Trolls, werewolves and other near do wells. I just want to say... We told you so!

Be careful.....I have not seen how to buy this supposed "new" product, neither how it is works......
Just to avoid another surprise..............................
Easo79

Post by Easo79 »

Next time someone complains about girls over-eagerly waiting Zara's new season I am going to show HIM today's posts at this thread![;)]
A l’hora que el sol se pon, bevent al raig de la font, he assaborit els secrets de la terra misteriosa.

Part de dins de la canal he vist l’aigua virginal venir del fosc naixement a regalar-me la boca.
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

What is that thing about physical shipment? How much to buy digital only and download?

Michel.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
SamuraiProgrmmr

Post by SamuraiProgrmmr »

Just downloaded the patch!

First time I ever saw the patch available before the game! Cool Beans!

[8D]
Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

Return to “World in Flames”