REPLACEMENTS

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

billios65

REPLACEMENTS

Post by billios65 »

Hi all,
just finished playing CASE BLUE against AI, i had problems with replacements reaching some units ,namely ; werfer battalions received no werfers once used in an attack, after aprox one month not one was replaced. once i made them directly subordinate to OKH they got replacements immediately.
Also my SS divisions received replacements very slowly despite their corp HQ having dozens of tanks and thousands of infantry.[&:]
Vic

RE: REPLACEMENTS

Post by Vic »

Hi baggins,

There could be a number of causes for your issues. But I dont think it could be a bug unless you are using an older version then 1.06? (main menu top left)

If you are up-to-date I think your problems are very likely due to other issues or being baffled by the reinforcement rules. For example SS units only take SS people reinforcement and not regualr wehrmacht troops.

Are you playing with hardcore supply rules (rulevar change needed in editor)? if not all reinforcements and supplies come from OKH and Stavka and never from lower level HQs.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
billios65

Post by billios65 »

HI Vic,
sorry about delayed response(just bought CO-BFTB) ,all up to date with software etc.i am using hardcore supply rules and so replacements & supplies flow down chain of command, is this my problem? suppose i could play with standard rules next time. Also i achived 'sudden death' victory by capturing Stalingrad & Baku, that was meant to have been resolved in last patch! i will try and update again although update says i have latest version.

thanks
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi baggins,

If you are sure there is something faulty you'll have to send me a savefile to vic@xs4all.nl, will be glad to review it in case your right. There are just to many thinks you could have missed that will provide a rational explanation for any anomalies (especially with hardcore supplies rule on).

Oh... Cannot remember removing the 'sudden death' rule in a patch by the way. Did I really said I'll do that?

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
billios65

Post by billios65 »

HI Vic,
next time i play DCCB i will send you a 'save file' , thanks . sure i read somewhere that 'sudden death' would relate to capture of Baku and Astrakan as apposed to Stalingrad which was just a consellation prize for Hitler after failing to capture oil fields.or maybe i dreamt it !![:D]
Vic

Post by Vic »

In fact while doing my research I got quite convinced there might be a bit of a myth going on here.

I got the distinct impression it was quite a big part of the Wehrmacht top who also thought taking Stalingrad should be a major objective.

I think Hitlers real fault here was not being able to chose between focusing on Stalingrad or the Caucasus and basically compromising and dividing his forces.

Playing DCCB I find myself in the same psychology. Not going for Stalingrad but only for the Caucasus creates an enormous flank that is very hard to accept, it just feels wrong (see what happened later in spring 43)...

Furthermore its just to tempting to try to take Stalingrad and use the Wolga as an anchor for the flank of the Caucasus drive.

And last: because holding back and going to the defense in sight of that last major city east of Rostov just doesn't click with the Wehrmacht mindset and offensive psychology.

Best,
Vic

Return to “Tech Support”