Did any1 ever .....

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

BAR

Did any1 ever .....

Post by BAR »

Hi all, been away for quite a long time but glad to be back. Can't wait to try the H2H campaign. Had a question for everyone though, is there a way to play a particular scenario in the Mega Campaigns without having to progress from the first battles? For instance, if you wanted to play scen 10 from MCLV, could you somehow just jump there? I thought I remembered talk of some kind of editor or utility from a few years ago that would allow you to access particular scens in the MC's when they were still kind of new. Again, glad to be back and see some familiar names and it is great to see all the interest that this great game still generates. Thanks - Joe
Supervisor

Yes

Post by Supervisor »

But it can be a little difficult, if you copy the scen###.dat file of the scenario you want to try from the MegaCampaign/Name of Mega/ to your scen directory in the main SPWAW directory. Remember the scenario # and don't overwrite a file that already exists ( you might have to rename it to a different # though after you copy it). Then start SPWAW play solitare, select scenario find the scenario # (It won't have a title because of the way it was created for the MegaCampaign)click on it a press start. You'll be playing blind without a summary and header because scenarios in MegaCampaigns are linked by what we call nodes and this is where the headers and summarys are located and these nodes are then linked to a specific scen###.dat file which is why they aren't named and numbered the same.
BAR

Post by BAR »

Thanks gmenfan, I appreciate the speedy reply. I will give it a try after finishing MCLV again. Take care - Joe
Redleg

Post by Redleg »

Renaming the files works well. I like that way because it gets away from inflated quality of troops.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”