Do Spy Acedemies stack?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

ASHBERY76

RE: Do Spy Acedemies stack?

Post by ASHBERY76 »

ORIGINAL: Bebop Cola

If you look at the race files, there are separate spawn chance percentages for each type of character. As such, I would assume each Academy just modifies the spawn chance of their respective character type from the base specified in the race file.

This and logic suggests it would stack.It would be nice to know how much each building improves spawn rates.

The human scientist spawn rate is 1.15

random character appearance chance: Minimum=0, Normal=1.0, Maximum=3.0
elanaagain

Post by elanaagain »

Someone among the developers knows the answer to these questions. It really would take so little time on there part to clarify these issues. Sad that not one of them is willing.
USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

I am just in the early stages of my Shadows Empire Pre-Warp game and I have seven planets and constructed five science academies. Before the academies were finished, my empire had two scientists working. A few game years after construction, a new scientist appeared with the trait of Ultra Genius. Was this guys appearance due to the academies construction or just a random occurrence that would have happened anyway? There is no way for me to know.

It would be nice if a message appeared to indicate that this scientist was an academy graduate, or something like that. Then we could get some sense of the usefulness of these facilities.
Old............but very fast
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Then we could get some sense of the usefulness of these facilities.

Indeed. Feedback is essential in a game like this.
FerretStyle

Post by FerretStyle »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

This and logic suggests it would stack.

What logic? Because you can build more than one shouldn't automatically mean they have cumulative effects.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

ORIGINAL: FerretStyle

This and logic suggests it would stack.

What logic? Because you can build more than one shouldn't automatically mean they have cumulative effects.

Because the A.I policy is set up to build them at every colony over with 5000 population.Logic suggests the developer would not allow that if they have no effect.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

This and logic suggests it would stack.It would be nice to know how much each building improves spawn rates.

The human scientist spawn rate is 1.15

random character appearance chance: Minimum=0, Normal=1.0, Maximum=3.0

As ASHBERY76 said logic would suggest each building on a planet increases the chance of a leader spawning on that planet. Until this post I never even thought otherwise and still don't.
FerretStyle

Post by FerretStyle »

Because the A.I policy is set up to build them at every colony over with 5000 population.Logic suggests the developer would not allow that if they have no effect.

But it's not "no effect" even if they don't stack. Having multiples ensures you still have one available if one gets lost for some reason. The A.I. programmed with this kind of redundancy makes perfect sense to me.
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

Indeed, an answer can't be determined logically because we don't know the rules. Which is what this question is really about. What are the damn rules of the game we're playing. As it is now we can only give a best guess which isn't good enough for people trying to play more efficiently.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, the academies do "stack". It's a straight cumulative increase to chance - however other factors will kick in to limit this a bit: overall number of characters you can have in an empire of your size, number of characters you already have for that character role, etc.

Sorry for being quiet lately - I was out of the office for the past two weeks dealing with some family health emergencies. All is much better now, but I had to put work aside for a bit to focus on family.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
elanaagain

Post by elanaagain »

Erik, I hope all s well with your family. May they heal well and quickly....
USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology
Starke

Post by Starke »

^ Indeed. Thanks for the response, one more tree from the forest of ignorance has been felled.
The Distant Worlds sale made my purchase possible. Thank you!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”