How to edit a leader?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

hfl13

How to edit a leader?

Post by hfl13 »

At the moment I am starting a new Shadows game. I have some saved Galaxies were only the leader is wrong and has one or two fatal traits. Is it possible to change/edit/delete leader traits like "Demoralizing"?

All help is appreciated - please link if the forum has anewered before (I searched before).
DW+RotS+Legends+Shadows 1.9.0.8
Larsenex

RE: How to edit a leader?

Post by Larsenex »

I do not believe the in game editor will allow you to edit characters at this point. Better to just hang on to them and hope they out-level any poor qualities they possess.
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

If "Demoralizing" is the major trait issue, you can make it a non-issue by moving the leader to a place where no other charaters are with him - a spaceport, another colony, a defensive station, even a ship.

This particular trait - if I understand it correctly - only impacts other charaters in the same location.

The worst killer traits early in the game to me are negative population growth and negative colony growth - a negative tourist income isn't that big a deal in the prewarp stage as you will not have tourist income.

I admit that slower ship building - colony ships, private ships, or military ships - bother me but you can get around that and building more ships tends to rapidly reduce the negative.
Tree Dog

Post by Tree Dog »

ORIGINAL: turtlefang

If "Demoralizing" is the major trait issue, you can make it a non-issue by moving the leader to a place where no other charaters are with him - a spaceport, another colony, a defensive station, even a ship.

What happens if you put your leader on a ship, and scrap the ship ? (This kills captains and admirals, by the way...)
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

This particular trait - if I understand it correctly - only impacts other charaters in the same location.

The worst killer traits early in the game to me are negative population growth and negative colony growth - a negative tourist income isn't that big a deal in the prewarp stage as you will not have tourist income.

I admit that slower ship building - colony ships, private ships, or military ships - bother me but you can get around that and building more ships tends to rapidly reduce the negative.

You can only transfer them to a planet. I always transfer scientists to some backwater, agents I dismiss. Really wish you could put any character where you wanted and on whatever object you wanted though.

Darkspire
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

ORIGINAL: Tree Dog

What happens if you put your leader on a ship, and scrap the ship ? (This kills captains and admirals, by the way...)

You can simply use dismiss for that for leaders (worked in Legends - "edited" and in Shadows).
hfl13

Post by hfl13 »

Thanks for the help with demoralizing - I was under the impression that I would loose benefits if I send my leader to some backwater planet.

Negative population growth and negative colony growth or happyness could still be useful if those are between the max four "improvable" traits: with every level these will improve and no ill effect stays long.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

When it comes to the demoralizing/inspiring trait presence, moving the other characters can prove advantageous. I once moved all my spies to a space port with a scientists with the inspiring trait...it did make a difference in their skill gains.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”