Course/orders

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
Galandar

Course/orders

Post by Galandar »

Question from a old Harpooner who is a newb to HUCE. Is there a way to enter course legs/orders for an ASW aircraft so that it flies from point to point but loiters at each point to drop a sonobuoy? I seem to remember that there was a way to do that in the old Win 95/98 version, but I've tried a number of ways and I can't get it to work. Every time I enter a "loiter" command, the aircraft stops, and I have to manually kick it into cruise to get it going again.
yojimboguy

RE: Course/orders

Post by yojimboguy »

Press the period key (.) to drop a sonobuoy at any speed.
yojimboguy

Post by yojimboguy »

oops, double post.
CV32

Post by CV32 »

It is very tedious (as you have discovered) to try and program a course that includes an automatic (more or less) laying of a sonobuoy field. You could, as yojim intimates, set a course and then use the period key to manually drop sonobuoys at desired locations (without slowing to loiter), but again this requires micro management. A way to autonomously lay sonobuoys in a set pattern is something on the wish list for HCE, and some progress is being made toward that goal.
Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

ORIGINAL: Galandar

Question from a old Harpooner who is a newb to HUCE. Is there a way to enter course legs/orders for an ASW aircraft so that it flies from point to point but loiters at each point to drop a sonobuoy?

You could try adding two Alt/Speed events at each course point, the first one Loiter, the second one Cruise. I haven't tried it but it could possibly work.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
CV32

Post by CV32 »

ORIGINAL: Galandar
You could try adding two Alt/Speed events at each course point, the first one Loiter, the second one Cruise. I haven't tried it but it could possibly work.

I think that's the methodology he is describing in his initial post. It doesn't work, and you have to manually kick the aircraft back into cruise to get it moving again.
Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Are you able to make two Alt/Speed events at each course point or does it not allow you to have two?  Asking in combination with
and some progress is being made toward that goal.
since we'll need a mechanism to deploy the buoys and this will help me formulate a plan for the best approach.

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
CV32

Post by CV32 »

IIRC, it will let you set two speeds at the same course waypoint, but it won't put the second of the two into action.
Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”