Will this game support 4 players on LAN?

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
Baphomet

Will this game support 4 players on LAN?

Post by Baphomet »

Hello Gents,

A while back I enquired about CCMT & WW2 mods - and CCMT's ability to have more than 2 Players over LAN.
Having a WW2 game such as this that supports more than 2 players would qualify this as an 'insta-buy' for myself and others.

So to the devs - is this going to support more than 2 players in multiplayer as CCMT did?

SteveMcClaire

RE: Will this game support 4 players on LAN?

Post by SteveMcClaire »

This is not going to make it into Panthers in the Fog, no.  Multi-player will still be 1 on 1.

We are discussing how to do multi-player for the subsequent release, but I don't really have anything concrete to say about that quite yet.

olafvik

Post by olafvik »

How will be the multiplayer? Will there be something like battlefield academy one or we must keep playing in Gameranger?

Thanks
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Multi-player in Close Combat requires a direct internet connection, and Panthers in the Fog will be the same.  It will have a new lobby system similiar to Battlefield Acadmey, but Panthers in the Fog won't have BA's play-by-email system, if that's what you're asking.  And assuming Game Ranger support, you should be able to use Game Ranger to connect with opponents too.

olafvik

Post by olafvik »

Sorry if I haven´t explain well. Yes, I know multiplayer CC is not PBEM, I´ve playing it since 2000. I was just asking if it will have a lobby system or we have to meet other players via Game Ranger, Game Spy ,...

I enjoy we can get a new lobby.

Thanks again.

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”