CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble?

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.
tgb

CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble?

Post by tgb »

I seem to be spending most of my game(s) tied up in Cisalpine Gaul, taking and retaking the same small cities. When I do beat the AI, it's on points.

Is there any reason to hold onto the region once Genua is under control and fortified?
PJJ

RE: CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble?

Post by PJJ »

I usually recruit all the troops I can get from Cisalpine Gaul after playing Gallic Aid and then move south against the Romans. Holding Cisalpine Gaul is not absolutely necessary. Sometimes I bring an army from Spain through Cisalpine Gaul and recruit some Gauls on my way south to support Hannibal. I wouldn't waste too many resources in holding Cisalpine Gaul.
"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be shitted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

ORIGINAL: tgb

I seem to be spending most of my game(s) tied up in Cisalpine Gaul, taking and retaking the same small cities. When I do beat the AI, it's on points.

Is there any reason to hold onto the region once Genua is under control and fortified?

Once you move south and capture some major cities, you can keep the Romans too busy to bother with Northern Italy.
SkyElf

Post by SkyElf »

I take Cisalpine Gaul and get as many troops as I can out of C.G. I try to hold on to Genua to keep reniforcements from Spain comming to replace losses to my Army and grow it larger if possible! The game makes it hard for Carthage to keep naval support open and I seem to take major losses in naval battles even with superior numbers!
A True Gamer to the Core!
SkyElf

Post by SkyElf »

New report on Cisalpine Gaul! After taking Genua from Roman player I take Hannibal south bring Hasrubal over from Spain threw Genua leaving a couple of extra troops there and pick up any more troops in Gaul then I move south with him also. The Roman player has a terrible tendance to try and grab the small city first in Cisapline Gaul (even from the boot of Italy or Rome) and get to take down there army so your troops can kill them off and pick up a leader point for killing Roman general and a card! Easy pickings in general. I do this with troops from Africa usally and pick up the few troops I left in Genua.
A True Gamer to the Core!

Return to “The War Room”