Classic Wargame Mod (now awailable to download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

welk

RE: Classic Wargame Mod

Post by welk »

Doom, a question, please : for the purpose of my mod, I projected to build a transparent minimap : only coast and borders , and it's all (it would have work like "invisible buttons , by transparence (but more visible than buttons)

For that, I modified a CSV file (for test, I took CSV GUI 1024 x 768)

Here are the 3 lines I have modified :

4 560 100 0 0 Minimap Panel Background Src

310 0 0 0 0 Minimap Panel Background Dst

315 27 18 185 102 Minimap Area

I suppose that the minimapaera is the space where the program "apply" the mouse jump instructions (wrong ? right ?). I suppose that panel background
is the background under the minimap image png (right ? wrong ?)

SO, after created my png file (red "transparent" image in PNG file - see screen, please), I TRIED for test but I have always the black background under the minimap. It comes not from a mlasp png pb : as you can see on the screen, my mask is ok for Gimp.

Any way to erase the black background ? If not, I will have to do a crual choice : perhaps erase minimap aera (I tried, it works fine and the map is more "free". But in this case, no more minimap jump[:(]

Sorry for lot of questions, but I am invading the vaste and large russian ToF modding space [:D]

Attachments
Minimap_pb.jpg
Minimap_pb.jpg (218.62 KiB) Viewed 167 times
welk

Post by welk »

My first attempts event [:D] It work fine, the event system is vey usefull in game.

Attachments
EVENT.jpg
EVENT.jpg (120.22 KiB) Viewed 167 times
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Let me know if you would like to get any new event method.
welk

Post by welk »

For newbe in modding : in attached file is a event structure type, that you may use to create more easely your own events, using the documentation here :
http://forum.wastelands-interactive.com ... ial-Part-8
http://forum.wastelands-interactive.com ... al-Part-10

and using ENGINE EVENT txt (this file is in the event directory of each scenario in game)

The text of event is in txt format, you have to cut-copy the content in a xml editor

Here is a link for Bonfire studio, a free xml editor (very good, better than note pad I think) to modify or create xml files.

http://download.cnet.com/Bonfire-Studio ... 70820.html
After creating a event, you have to include his name in the "event file" txt that is in the scenario directory (toallow ToF to find and execute it)

Here is the event (not attached because xml format not supported)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <eventSystem xmlns="WastelandsInteractive">
- <!-- Structure type of event for Time of Fury
-->
- <event eventID="Number of your event" countryID="Concerned country" visibleByPlayer="1 or 0" oneTimeChecking="1 or 0">
<title>title of your event(texte)</title>
<description>text you want to write to present the event to player in window during game</description>
<beginDate day="1 to 31" month="1 to 12" year="concerned year -i.e : 1939" />
<endDate day="1 to 31" month="1 to 12" year="concerned year -i.e : 1939" />
- <condition>
- <and>
- <expression>
<leftOperand method="concerned method - see EVENT ENGINE in events directory of game" param0="concerned country" />
<operator value="equals" />
<rightOperand constValue="1" />
</expression>
</and>
</condition>
- <options>
- <option optionID="1" chanceAI="100">
<description>Texte displayed in the button of event windows</description>
- <effects>
<effect method="concerned method - see EVENT ENGINE in events directory of game" param0="concerned country" param1="concerned parameter" />
</effects>
</option>
</options>
</event>
</eventSystem>

Note : in the xml editor you use, you have to "register as" xml (not as other format).
welk

Post by welk »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Let me know if you would like to get any new event method.

Ok thanks, I will do if needed (founded the ENGINE EVENT list, very complete list)
welk

Post by welk »

Created a new political map, in addition of the vanilla political alignment map. This new political map concern only national colors and covers the map without any details (more usefull to see the "front dispositions")

screen :

Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (167.66 KiB) Viewed 167 times
welk

Post by welk »

New look of game with all windows now transparent

The entire interface will be transparent, at different degrees, and will be visible only if needed and "called" by mouse

Ports and naval zone are now more visible, even at high level zoom. Same for political borders

Attachments
Opac.jpg
Opac.jpg (194.58 KiB) Viewed 171 times
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

ORIGINAL: welk

Created a new political map, in addition of the vanilla political alignment map. This new political map concern only national colors and covers the map without any details (more usefull to see the "front dispositions")

screen :

Looks really great
welk

Post by welk »

Thanks[;)] The 2 other opaque splots in "Others" file will be reserved for the normal draw use option. I will also modify the political alignement color (to be opaque so) and the same for the "displayed fow option" hexagones. In this way, the political alignement map and the displayed fow aeras will be more transparents and yplayers would be able to see the map details in transparence, without losing colors. Of course, those who prefer to play with the entire clear map will choose the "no display fow option".

I wait now for the free bug editor, and I would love to b eable to create Austria, Czecholovakia and Coratia countries, Armenia, Ukraine, etc like I did in Commander Europe at war, to create some alternate scenarios ("What if? wars" between 1929-1939, opposing different countries than in vanilla game : Urss/Poland 1920-21 ; Anglo-italian war in med, what if? anglo-french war in med, Greeco-turk war during 1929-1921, etc etc).
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Croatia and Ukraine can be created in the game depending upon conditions.
welk

Post by welk »

Interessant to know, thanks. But my attempts will be to add them as independant countries at start of the game, to have "alternate situations" in Europe.
welk

Post by welk »

Screen of new look of armored and motorized units (the look is inspired by the old boardgame wargame "The Great Patriotic War" (GDW)

The screen is in jpg format and not very visible, but it works fine in game

Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (144.21 KiB) Viewed 167 times
welk

Post by welk »

With these little modifications, players would more easely see their armored groups and air fleets groups at high level zoom, better to plane offensives

Attachments
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (219.56 KiB) Viewed 167 times
welk

Post by welk »

Version 1.0 of the mod is now awailable here :

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3rcmw34 ... me_Mod_rar

Improved version 2.0 will be uploaded later (with new sounds and new mains screens). This 2.0 version will also include a special "classic wargame mod" for the editor, and will rectify the possible errors or technical pb in this 1.0 version (report here, please).

mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

OK,I got the map and mod counter to work, but my GUI is exactly the same. Where does the GUI.PNG file go? In the data folder there are many GUI csv files, but there is none in the mod.

Color me confused.

Thanks.

Mike
welk

Post by welk »

See in the gfx folder of the mod, you should find a gui.png file. This file must be copied in the gfx folder of the game, with the 2 folders of the mod (no any CSG gui file has been modified in data : the only modified gui file is in png format and is in gfx folder

Concerning color, 4 background will be present in 2.0 version, to be choiced by player : green (as in 1.0 version), grey/white (as the old Third Reich boardgame), "cream" (as vanilla Agent S-TOW mod, and a more darker green (less "flashy").

Concerning the interface command/buttons, 2.0 version will also include alternate gui files, for less opacity (player may will choice the gui file he prefers)

I will also rectify a little pb concerning border of hexagones

Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

If your going to do that... Why not add the Confederate States of America?
ORIGINAL: welk

Interessant to know, thanks. But my attempts will be to add them as independant countries at start of the game, to have "alternate situations" in Europe.
welk

Post by welk »

No time for that, sorry, because I am working to add Japan[:D]

Evidently, the goal will not be to add Croatia and Ukraine in the WW2 vanilla game. Due to the fact the game seems 100% moddable, you have the possibility to create alternate historical situations in Europe. Creation of Yugoslavia could have been made without Croatia, Ukraine could have been independant country in 1918-1919 if red army had failed in south Russia, etc. Time of Fury autorize very interessant political/strategical/geo-strategical What if? situations on a verylarge scale, and that is why - for my eyes- this game is a gemm.

By sample : in 1934, the polish government has made a secret proposition to France : a preventive war against Germany, after Hitler took the power. One interessant thing could be to create Czechoslovakia in the game (at start), and to create a scenario of preventive war (France+Poland vs Germania, and Czechoslovakia may join later, or not, depending of a special event). Austria would be also created, and will stay independant and neutral during this alternate limite war.

Other possible what if : What would had happened if, in 1920-21, during the russian polish war, polish forces had not rpeulsed red army, and if red army had decided to invade Germany too ?

Other : in 1934 or 1936, Hitler try to force the italian decision about independant Austria, and war occurs : Germany vs Italy+Austria, for a short war = interessant what if

Short scenario of Spanish civil war (on the vanilla spanish map)

etc etc

Time of Fury, may be, could be a great tool to create alternate wargames with the large huge Europe map.
welk

Post by welk »

Here is a little patch, that contains alternate color terrain (less flashy = looks like old boardgame Third Reich - Avallon Hill) +3 alternate gui files (less transparent than 1.0 version of the classic mod : you will may choice the opacity level you prefer : no opacity or medium opacity)

2.0 version will later include other alternate colors for terrain

The compressed attachef file is a winrar file with a zip extension. You will perhaps must to rename it with a rar extnsion (used zip extension because rar extension is not allowed here)
Attachments
Patch_Clas..colors.zip
(2.88 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
welk

Post by welk »

screen

Attachments
SCREEN.jpg
SCREEN.jpg (226.84 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Return to “Design and Modding”