question

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

douglove

question

Post by douglove »

hi guys,i had a pretty good battle about three weeks ago with the kb,sunk the kaga and the akagi,but i didn"t know until today.it came across in a combat report,how acrate are they,should i trust they are sunk.thanks doug
PeteG662

RE: question

Post by PeteG662 »

Depends on your FOW settings. Did you check to see if a group of Zeros, Vals, and Kates were lost on that date? Should show roughly 42 of each. 
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

This is my 1 dissapointment with FOW, if my intel guys are not good enough to confiem a couple of CV going down, how do they know any aircraft were lost.

I RECKON, with FOW on you dont see any enemy aircraft losses and have to live with the wildly inaccurate combat reports and the claims of your pilots.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

I agree, my attempt at rationalizing always has been that a CV going down might involve radio chatter
- which is picked up by some elint bird or sub, and this radio chatter is represented as plane ground losses.

Its not optimal, I know, but it helps a bit. [;)]
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

And sometimes a CV goes down that does not have any airgroups on it, so it is not always a given.. My sub hit a damaged Amagi on it's way back to Tokyo for repairs. The report says I sunk her. Did I.....?
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
douglove

Post by douglove »

i would agree to all of that,crsutton-you are right the airgroups were knocked out the day before,so ot would not have been reported,i also hit the zuicko not the right spelling with 3 torps and nine bombs hope to see that one go down to,in that battle i only losy two cve and a destoryer.thanks doug

Return to “The War Room”