Question about large maps and parimeters

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

flakfernrohr

Question about large maps and parimeters

Post by flakfernrohr »

I have read several postings about not making maps that are all too large in order to allow the AI and the game to function as it was intended.. I have completed four maps I plan to make into scenarios or a campaign of an eventual series of about 8 or more maps total. I have completed four of these maps and am beginning to set the parimeters. The scale of my maps is usually either 5KM or 7KM per hex. They are usually 100X100 range with two of them 130-120 width. They are large enough at 3 days per turn, the turns necessary will be in the range of 40-50.

My goal is to have large maps with many units fighting many battles on lots of real estate and capturing many goals. I am aware of several members who have been successful in making large maps with many units, but I do not know the parimeters they set for the game nor do I know how many goals, primary, secondary, etc. are involved in the maps.

I will use probably 75-80 German units and from 120-130 Soviet units. The number of primary (gold ring) goals is 117, secondary goals (red ring) amount to 148, 18 airfields and some bonus supply depots with 196 other cities that are to be included for capture but are not goals.

I understand that the normal prestige award to a capturing unit is from 40-50 for a primary goal city or an airport in the usual PcC Game with less map size, less units and many less goals and turns. I also realize that it will take a lot of prestige points to keep a large army up and fighting; BUT I am concerned that setting the prestige for these goals is this high per city, etc., the prestige will get all out of whack with an ongoing game that is successful to the attacker.

So I am wondering what might be the best solution and criteria to set the prestige (plus and minus) for a scenario or campaign game with this framework. Would anyone have any constructive input for me?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Just a war games guy.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”