Random game vs AI+ by a begginer [completed]

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Strategiusz

Random game vs AI+ by a begginer [completed]

Post by Strategiusz »

I'm going to play a game against AI+, because I have already won against normal AI.

Here are the settings:

And here's what was generated:

I changed AI's name, by adding "AI". I am green Arab and the AI is grey Anglosaxon.
I was pleased when I saw it. At the start I have more cities, and a good opportunity to increase the advantage, by quick conquest of the enemy city which is on my continent.

See you in a few turns.
Josh

RE: Random game vs AI+ by a begginer

Post by Josh »

Subscribed! [:)]
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

In the fourth round I decided that I'm ready and I can not wait any longer, so I declared WAR.

And now something more about the map. Capital is worth 4 VP, other cities only 1 VP. The goal is to take possession of 12 VP, which means that I need to capture Philidelphia (enemy capital).

Do you see this little island in the middle? I'm going to capture it and become the ruler of the sea.

But now Santa Fe is the priority.

I already have a few planes and a lot of land troops (mainly infantry). I have done air reconnaissance and found a large forces in the city. AI+ has a lot of bonuses.

The cargoship is carrying 50 engineers who will deal with the small island, which I mentioned earlier.

See you in a few turns. Sorry for so short posts, language barrier is the reason.
Josh

Post by Josh »

What language barrier? Your english is pretty good.
Anyways, be warned that AI+ will make lots of vessels, so any troops on that small island will have their supply interdicted. When you don't have sufficient ships yourself that can be a pain in the butt. This is without Oil and Ore right? Otherwise you'd be in even more troubles. [:D]
That small island *is* a perfect place for a harbour and an airfield, but like I said, it can work against you if the AI manages to achieve the upperhand...
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

In this AAR I'm going to focus more on general strategy instead of tracking each individual unit.

Turn 7

I think I'm doing well.
I noticed that armored cars massacre infantry. On the other hand, armored cars (especially in large groups) are easy targets for divebombers.

I think a good strategy is saving PP for engineers so they can improve mining of raw.
I also like to create new Supreme HQ in another place, more in the middle of the country. Task for the Supreme HQ is distribution of supply and strategic transfer of units (engineers from mine to mine, units from the hinterland to the front).

Each tactical HQ has their own troops-producing city.

Engineers are directly under Supreme HQ to save staff.
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Turn 9

Even bad weather didn't stop me.

Turn 10

And finally after an easy assault the city fell into my hands.

The size of my army and kills ratio:

Now for a few turns I will have to eliminate the rest of the enemy troops (easy kills, because they have no source of supply).

I made ​​a small mistake and overdid with PP and unattended supply, so my engineers can not build anything anyway. I also need to replenish oil, because it has run out completely.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Madloc nice pics. How can u post 3 pics at a time?

Keep an eye on your oil. You've got quite a few vehicles that guzzle oil as you've already noticed. You haven't mentioned that you are using your airforce, but they also drain your oil. If you are not always in need of your airforce you can reduce their supplies until a turn before you need them.

Also keep an eye on your raw, your production of weapons is nearly more than your output of raw. You'll need quite a bit if you want to start using your engineers for road building. Esp when you start to build factories.

Otherwise I like what I'm seeing. Keep up the AAR.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Josh

Post by Josh »

British said it, keep a close watch to your oil supplies. I did notice he's already on zero oil from 10.000 in his last screenshot. A few airsorties can do that to you. [:D] And it's no use having those shiny new Panzers, but no gas to move them LOL.
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Long time didn't write anything here. I'm still playing, but that is just not enough action to write.

So... thanks for your comments!
Josh, I haven't seen any enemy ships except cargoships in Santa Fe.
British exil, I upload images to imageshack and then past a direct link using the IMG tag. I don't use attachments.

TURN 18

At last, an enemy, namely an air force. I lost one sub.

Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Turn 20 (December 1940)

Here is my plan:

I'm going to get that strategically located forest. It's close and it is easy to defend.

Let's see what I have (destined for landing):

Land forces:
147 x Staff
233 x Rifle
22 x SMG
74 x Mortar II
59 x Machinegun II
13 x Flak
31 x Armoured Car
20 x Horses
6 x Truck
170 x Engineer
37 x Paratrooper

Ships:
9 x Cargoship

Air:
2 x Transporter
9 X Fighter

First wave:

Airborne assault:

1st Transporter
[17 x Paratrooper]

2nd Transporter
[20 x Paratrooper]

Amphibious assault:

1st Cargoship
[50 x Engineer]

2nd Cargoship
[50 x Engineer]

3th Cargoship
[50 x Engineer]

4th Cargoship
[HQ 30 x Staff]; [2 x Flak]

5th Cargoship
2 x [11 x SMG; 14 x Machinegun II]

6th Cargoship
2 x [10 x Rifle; 10 x Machinegun II]; [1 x Flak]

7th Cargoship
2 x [20 x Rifle]; [1 x Flak]

8th Cargoship
[3 x Armoured Car; 5 x Rifle]

9th Cargoship
[3 x Armoured Car; 5 x Rifle]

Engineers will build roads, a port and an airport.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Well that looks allright, first thing your seabees will be doing is build a port. No port = no supplies, beans or bullets. But you already knew that ofcourse.
Your invasion force looks fine, but if you're facing the wrong AI+ then he'll have you for breakfast, have no doubt about that. Sometimes an AI+ will be a walkover, sometimes it will take a very long and hard fight. I'm not sure why that is though. My current AI+ is quite easy, while the previous one in a random game had me battling for *every hex*, especially when they are in a forest/jungle it can be a long fight.
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

TURN 24

When you do an invasion and you have a unit of several cargoships, remember about limit of 8 SFTs or loaded units per (non-HQ) unit.

Ports are amazing and connecting cities or factories directly to the tactical HQ is simply an exploit. Now it's just like I would have all my cities in the landing site.

I can't believe. There was no defense in the city. I parachuted next to Falmouth, then in the next turn I marched into the empty city.
ORIGINAL: Josh
Your invasion force looks fine, but if you're facing the wrong AI+ then he'll have you for breakfast, have no doubt about that. Sometimes an AI+ will be a walkover, sometimes it will take a very long and hard fight. I'm not sure why that is though. My current AI+ is quite easy, while the previous one in a random game had me battling for *every hex*, especially when they are in a forest/jungle it can be a long fight.

The AI is a very passive in this game. He has so many factories that should not be here any hex free from his tanks and guns.

TURN 27

The AI finally began to attack.
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Encircling, bombarding, factory grabbing... You know, the boring stuff :P

The AI used mainly infantry including rangers.

Suddenly...

TURN 29 (September 1941)

What da...? Why such huge losses?

This is the answer:

I'm seeing about 40 AC and 10 Lt.Tanks. Finally the AI woke up.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yeah the AI loves Lt Tanks and AC's, masses of them. The only thing that can stop them is AT guns and Medium Tanks, and Bombers ofcourse. Especially Medium Tanks II prove to be very useful. It could get ugly in your screenshot...
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

I decided to fight, but not with Medium Tanks. My reaction: Light Tanks II (and of course Divebombers, but I've used them all the time).
But even so, I was worried about my fuel stocks.

TURN 31

Success. Everything under control.

In the north I move forward.

On the western sea I try to sink some convoys, but I am doing something wrong, or there is just nothing to sink.

In the middle free path.

I checked the stats.

Force:

Produce:

Generally in this game the AI sleeps all the time. There was one moment when he woke up (after the invasion).

I think that is a matter of the map (land divided into continents).
Josh

Post by Josh »

"Generally in this game the AI sleeps all the time. There was one moment when he woke up (after the invasion).

I think that is a matter of the map (land divided into continents). "

Probably so, too much ocean can cause the AI to have some .. problems. Furthermore I don't understand the production numbers because usually the AI outproduces me on a vast scale, there's no way  I can outproduce it until much much later in the game.. [&:]
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Easy victory.
I find a lot of pure Heavy Artillery regiments.

There was more, but I have no screenshots.

I did parachute just for fun with air suppply, but this unit didn't survive too long.

I conquered the northern continent.

On the southern shore I built the airport and the shipyard.

And I decided that I finish the game at this moment.

I have seen posts of players who wrote that the AI- ​​is too strong. I proved that you can win even against AI+.
Obviously on a different map I would not be able to do this. But I played fairly under the conditions that have been created by the game.

Return to “After Action Reports”