Does it matter where factories are moved to?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Scotters1

Does it matter where factories are moved to?

Post by Scotters1 »

As long as I move factories to the Urals, does it really matter what city I move them to?

Do you guys completely evacuate Kharkov and Leningrad? Does anyone evacuate Moscow?

I'm playing vs a hard German AI. Just learning the game. I'm on turn 2.
Q-Ball

RE: Does it matter where factories are moved to?

Post by Q-Ball »

The most important thing is that they are "out of harm's way", however you define it. The particular city doesn't matter.

Against the AI, you shouldn't be too pressed.
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Another key point to make here is that it doesn't matter where you move the FACS to provided the destination settlement has a rail line into it. You can see those that do by pressing shift-L to highlight Settlements with FACS, then click on rail
Movement and enter the city you want to evac. Suitable destinations will be highlighted in green.

In theory you could move every Fac to 1 location and there's no production malus
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
hfarrish

Post by hfarrish »

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Another key point to make here is that it doesn't matter where you move the FACS to provided the destination settlement has a rail line into it. You can see those that do by pressing shift-L to highlight Settlements with FACS, then click on rail
Movement and enter the city you want to evac. Suitable destinations will be highlighted in green.

In theory you could move every Fac to 1 location and there's no production malus

Is it even possible to move it to a city without a rail connection? I suppose I never tried but I didn't think the game even gave you the option.
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

That's a good point. I assumed it was but I haven't found a way of doing so this morning thus far
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

No penalty at all?

I've always tried to keep mine within population levels (ie 4 pop = 4 factories)

Thats probably something that need looking at a guess
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

As it stands there's no real penalty. I agree there probably should be based upon available population to work in the facs!
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

The Soviets though would usually relocate people to where the factories were, not vice-versa. And you didn't complain about having to move either....
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

I pretty much find a couple big cities in the Urals and put all armaments in one and heavy industry in another, just an easier way to track how much moved. The rest goes wherever in the Urals.
Jakerson

Post by Jakerson »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

The Soviets though would usually relocate people to where the factories were, not vice-versa. And you didn't complain about having to move either....

I bet not too many complains about moving away from city or town that is about to turn war zone.

When relocating factories Soviet do not need to relocate every elder, child, women of big cities just factory workers and they are fine.
Jakerson

Post by Jakerson »

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

I pretty much find a couple big cities in the Urals and put all armaments in one and heavy industry in another, just an easier way to track how much moved. The rest goes wherever in the Urals.

I just relocate as evenly as possible as far eastern side of the map as possible.
Scotters1

Post by Scotters1 »

Thanks for the help guys![8D]
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

I was moving a lot to Magnitogorsk. Now I cannot use it as a destination, it does not appear a Green Hex. And no, my opponent has not taken the city :) If I select "disply factories" ( Red Hexes ), it does not change colour ( so I freaked). However, in the Commander's Report, Cities, all the active and repairing factories are shown. Hopefully this means I am getting their output.

Perhaps Magnitogorsk has activated its spindizzy drives and become "Interstellar Master Traders (IMT)" and is off to hide in the Magellanic Clouds. ( James Blish "Cities in Flight")
cpt flam

Post by cpt flam »

you must have get it full (24 entry)
time to choose another place

Return to “The War Room”