Unit Strengths in Water Assaults

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

BigDuke66

Unit Strengths in Water Assaults

Post by BigDuke66 »

Hi
Just a question to the point "Unit Strengths in Water Assaults" in the manual(p.75)
It says "...all Strengths multiplied by 0.7."
That means really all defensive values(anti-armor, anti-personal, infantry defensive, vehicle defensive)?
Oberst_Klink

RE: Unit Strengths in Water Assaults

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Hi
Just a question to the point "Unit Strengths in Water Assaults" in the manual(p.75)
That means really all defensive values(anti-armor, anti-personal, infantry defensive, vehicle defensive)?
Likely the combined attack strength x0.7... E.g. If the combined attack strenght is 10, across a deep river, Suez canal it's gonna be 7 instead. There's a table/.XLS from Bob Cross and/or telumar with the terrain effetcs.

kLiNk, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
ColinWright

Post by ColinWright »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Hi
Likely the combined attack strength x0.7... E.g. If the combined attack strenght is 10, across a deep river, Suez canal it's gonna be 7 instead. There's a table/.XLS from Bob Cross and/or telumar with the terrain effetcs.

kLiNk, Oberst

Presumably also the defensive strengths. After all, an 'attack' consists of both sides taking shots that are compared to the defensive values, etc -- and it does say all values.

I assume. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and I've never troubled my pretty little head about the exact mechanism of TOAW combat.
I am not Charlie Hebdo
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: ColinWright
ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Hi

kLiNk, Oberst

Presumably also the defensive strengths. After all, an 'attack' consists of both sides taking shots that are compared to the defensive values, etc -- and it does say all values.

I assume. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and I've never troubled my pretty little head about the exact mechanism of TOAW combat.
I forgot the passive defenders etc. Well, I can do a test and have a look at toaw.log, doing a 'grapical' or comic strip type of tutorial anyway *see attached*.

Attachments
Tutorial_1Large.jpg
Tutorial_1Large.jpg (123.45 KiB) Viewed 76 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Sprocket62

Post by Sprocket62 »

The whole entry in the manual states:

13.9.6 Unit Strengths in Water Assaults
Land units attacking from River, Super River, Canal, Suez Canal, or Deep Water (Amphibious
Assaults) have all Strengths multiplied by 0.7.

I don't think it applies to defenders unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible[:)])
Sprocket62
Sprocket62

Post by Sprocket62 »

Disregard the previous, I guess you guys were talking about defending from the water as well as attacking

(Edit for clarification)
What kind of water defense are we talking about? Embarked units defending in deep water are a little different than units defending from a river hex. Or are they? I can't tell from the charts/manual.
Sprocket62

Return to “TOAW III Support”