Mysterious trading ship and Pan Galactic Trade Corp

Armada 2526 continues the great tradition of space opera games. You guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, found new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles.

Moderator: MOD_Armada2526

Wrax

Mysterious trading ship and Pan Galactic Trade Corp

Post by Wrax »

Hi. I like mercantile part of 4x space games and I started smiling when I have found recently a hidden code of trade ship in ShipTypes.xml

Code: Select all

<!-- <ShipType Name ="Trade Ship" Level ="3">
     <Construction Cost ="2000" Time="6" Icon ="Art\\Ships\\Production\\Teade-ship.png"/>
     <Upkeep Amount="150"/>
     <Requirements>
       <PlayerCapability Name="Trade Acumen" Level="0"/>
       <Tech Item ="Trade Ship"/>
     </Requirements>
     <Capability Name ="Base Ship" Level ="0"/>
    etc. etc.
   </ShipType> -->

Ship description: "These enormous warehouses in space form the headquarters to interstellar trading corporations. They can participate in trade as both importers and exporters, re-exporting goods they import to third parties. As might be expected, they have ample defenses for repelling the pirates their riches attract."

additionaly in Technology.xml you can find hidden:
" <!-- <Item Name="Trade Ship">
<Graphics />
<MilitaryItem Item="Trade Ship"/>
<Option Area="C" Level ="5" OldPoints="0">
<Prerequisite Item="Precise Location"/>
</Option>
<StaticRequirements>
<PlayerCapability Name="Trade Acumen" Level="0"/>
</StaticRequirements>
</Item> -->"

And the last but not least, there is a hidden "Pan Galactic Trade Corp" in Factions.xml (human traders faction)

I enabled ship and tech and when playing The Klurgu Trade Collective there is a trade tech in tech browser, but I have to do an extended testing with the ship.

And now I'm wondering: is it going to be enabled in coming patches (maybe not fully tested)?

What do you think guys?

Return to “Armada 2526 Series”