Naval Suport

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Menser

Naval Suport

Post by Menser »

I'm finding it hard to track down units that supply NS for the Japanese (trying out my first AI game as the dark side) and was wondering if there was a way to narrow it down other than to go through the land units individually.
I see on the List All Ground units menu AV listed ....would be great if NS was listed also.
Nothing in the Ground unit Reinforcement Arival Schedule Menu (only Attack Strength listed there). Would be great if that menu had AV and NS listed.
Hell, would be great in the popup overlays on the Map for Land units that an N came up for listing NS. Anyone have any ideas?
"Alea iacta est." Caius Julius
"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing." Emo Philips
"Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." Abbot Arnaud Amalric
String

RE: Naval Suport

Post by String »

ORIGINAL: Menser

I'm finding it hard to track down units that supply NS for the Japanese (trying out my first AI game as the dark side) and was wondering if there was a way to narrow it down other than to go through the land units individually.
I see on the List All Ground units menu AV listed ....would be great if NS was listed also.
Nothing in the Ground unit Reinforcement Arival Schedule Menu (only Attack Strength listed there). Would be great if that menu had AV and NS listed.
Hell, would be great in the popup overlays on the Map for Land units that an N came up for listing NS. Anyone have any ideas?

Try checking the various fleet HQ's
Surface combat TF fanboy
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

I don't think there is any way to identify units that contain naval support squads short of crunching through your LCUs.

However, if you go to the LCU list, select only "Engineers", and sort by load cost, you will group your engineer units more or less by type. Then, find the Fleet HQs, Naval Base Forces, Special Base Forces and Shipping Engineer Rgts in your list. These are the units that contain naval support for the Japanese player.

I think there used to be an infantry regiment in Manchukuo that had naval support due to an error in data entry, but I think that was fixed in a recent patch.
WLockard

Post by WLockard »

You can look it up using WitP AE Tracker. Go to devices, squads, then select Naval Support. On the bottom right is a button called Pool History. It will show every unit with Naval Support squads assigned.
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Tracker definately is the source.
Andy M
Menser

Post by Menser »

Ah Tracker ...... as my AI games are previousely with the Allies i guess I should download and learn Tracker.
You guys seem to overwhelmingly reccomend it to get a handle on the Empire's economy.
"Alea iacta est." Caius Julius
"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing." Emo Philips
"Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." Abbot Arnaud Amalric

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”