HUD DB bug and out of bounds errors

Post content for the H3 Database here.
VistaJohn1

HUD DB bug and out of bounds errors

Post by VistaJohn1 »

High all

Just a quick note. Could not drop sonobouys with S-3. Checked the editor, the Viking sonobouy dispenser is missing on all the S-3 models. It is in the mount.dat as Viking sonobouy dispenser. Also getting out of bounds errors from contacts with large area probability zones.

Having a great time with the new version. Seems to run very well.

John[&o]
Bucks

RE: HUD DB bug and out of bounds errors

Post by Bucks »

Not so sir! [;)]

The S-3A & S-3B both are fitted with the Viking Sonobuoy Dispenser.

The S-3B Viking - ('02+)
&
The S-3B Viking - ('99 - '02) both have the Sonobuoy capability removed, reflecting the removal of the Viking from the ASW role within the Carrier Air Wing.

Cheers

Darren

Attachments
Vikings.jpg
Vikings.jpg (38.13 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1
VistaJohn1

Post by VistaJohn1 »

Funny, using the editor, i see no mount in any of the four as stated.
Bucks

Post by Bucks »

ORIGINAL: VistaJohn

Funny, using the editor, i see no mount in any of the four as stated.

John,

Just so I can make all of the required checks, may I ask which version of the database is displayed in the launcher and the Editor you're using? (Game or Reimer Editor?).

I've just checked through the history of the HUD3 and even back in mid-2007 when only two versions of the Viking existed - #219 S-3A & #9 S-3B, they both carried mount #222 - Viking Sonobuoy Dispenser... If I might ask for the version and date displayed in the database tab of the launcher I'll see what's going on with this.

Cheers

Darren

** I've attached a screen shot of the Game's Database Editor showing the S-3B aircraft #9 and it still has the SB mount attached. I'm at a loss as to why you're not seeing the same thing John, so I want to make sure we're reading from the same book.

Attachments
Viking001.jpg
Viking001.jpg (110.05 KiB) Viewed 173 times

Bucks

Post by Bucks »

ORIGINAL: VistaJohn

High all

<<edited>>

Also getting out of bounds errors from contacts with large area probability zones.

Having a great time with the new version. Seems to run very well.

John[&o]

John,

I've been working through the DB and yes there were several cases where both ESM and sonar uncertainty zones would be generated that had both a detrimental influence on AO performance and player capability to successfully prosecute contacts.

I've just completed a full update of the Range and Angle accuracies for Sonars, as well as working through the DB's ESM systems (almost complete). I've done some research on the +/- angles associated with ESM systems and in some cases I've found UK designed systems with bearing inaccuracies of less than 1 degree... These systems I would imagine place multiple receivers along the length of the ship and therefore the triangulation calculations are based on the distances between those individual receivers and not reliant on course changes and distance travelled in relation to the detected contact.

I'm planning on releasing the next HUD3 update in the next week depending on my available time and the multiple other UD3 related projects I'm working on.

Cheers

Darren

PS - Did you manage to find a Viking that could drop sonobuoys?

fguerin35

Post by fguerin35 »

ORIGINAL: Bucks
I'm planning on releasing the next HUD3 update in the next week depending on my available time and the multiple other UD3 related projects I'm working on.

Hi all,

First, happy new year to each and everybody. May 2011 bring you and beloved ones peace, health and happiness. Where will be posted the release Darren, on Frans' website?

Have a nice day all, regards from France

Cdr Sylvester
Bucks

Post by Bucks »

"Cdr Sylvester",

Yes HUD3 database and scenario releases will be posted to Frans' website. He's been very busy updating the site in preparation for the new release. I'm also working on a few scenarios, both original and either modified Minis conversions (with the permission of Larry Bond) or conversions/updates to scenarios players designed in the days of Harpoon 2.

I'll keep the forum updated as things progress and I'm hoping 2011 will bring us a new chapter in the continuing Harpoon ANW story.

Cheers

Darren

Return to “H3 Database and Scenarios”