more detailed modding?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

adecoy95

more detailed modding?

Post by adecoy95 »

i have heard that the reason more detailed modding is not open yet is because the devs want to get the game more polished first, but i dont understand this reasoning.

can someone explain it to me? thanks
Yarasala

RE: more detailed modding?

Post by Yarasala »

If there are constantly changes in internal game structures because of bug fixing and added features there is no point in granting access to those structures.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

It's just a priority issue. Do you consider customisation more important than issues that some feel 'break' the game.
It's been nice to see this game steadily get better and more fun to play, but I'm also impatient to be able to see the potential open up with the modding options we could have open to us :)
Yarasala

Post by Yarasala »

I am with you there, but I can wait a bit ... there are other things to play too [;)]
tornnight

Post by tornnight »

As Haree78 stated, it's just a manpower priority issue.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

The game has become a blast to play. I called up one display, and to me it looked like the tactical display you might see in a battle. It was way cool... [&o]

I too look forward to the day when I can make a handful of changes... but... it is still pretty cool. :)

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Design and Modding”