Did the patch change the Yamato to feb ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bklooste

Did the patch change the Yamato to feb ?

Post by bklooste »

Terminas said they were prob going to bring the Yamato in on February did this make the patch ?

I know the main guns were not very accurate from December to June/42 but paying 6 months of Naval points is a bit much ( and for the Musashi also) ... If it hasnt gone it can we maybe put the inaccurate guns in as a device and put in an upgrade ? I would still like to use the Ship in March just for its secondary weapons and as a bomb/shell magnet :-P
Underdog Fanboy
n01487477

RE: Did the patch change the Yamato to feb ?

Post by n01487477 »

May 20, 1942 is what I see ...

and Dec 1, 42 for Musashi
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

May 20, 1942 is what I see ...

and Dec 1, 42 for Musashi

Same here
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

bklooste

Post by bklooste »

So you get to pay 360 days of naval points for some very expensive ships .. which they did not pay historically ... mmmm no wonder you cant even build the historical ships in the first 6 months of 42.
Underdog Fanboy
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

Em...you have an editor. Use it.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Bradley7735

Post by Bradley7735 »

Yes, but you get 60ish/60ish exp ships without having to do a training cruise. All Japanese warships from day one to the end of the war start with 60-75 day exp and 60-70 night exp. The allies have to wait until 43 to get ships of that caliber. All the starting ships and all the ships coming in in 42 have 50ish day and 30ish night exp. To get their night exp up to Japanese levels (despite lessons learned from other ships in the fleet and ship crew transfers), they have to spend approx 210 days at sea. (7 days per night xp gain X 30 point differential)

So, Yamato is ready to fight on day one, in May and South Dakota, Washington and North Carolina are bumbling idiots until mid 43.

If I were playing the Japanese, I don't know if I'd rather have the ship early and use fuel for a training cruise (even though she'd start fully trained), or have the ship in May and use HI to train her. It's probably cheaper in the long run to use fuel, and she'd technically be vulnerable during the training cruises, like her allied counterparts loitering near SF.

For those of you who are going to tell me I'm an idiot and that Japanese ships were heavily trained pre war, my arguement is for post 12/41 construction ships. There's absolutely no reason that Yamato has 25% more day exp and double the night exp of any new construction US BB's. (this is irrelevant starting 1/1/43, as all US ships start with the same exp as Japanese ships)
The older I get, the better I was.
Djordje

Post by Djordje »

ORIGINAL: bklooste

So you get to pay 360 days of naval points for some very expensive ships .. which they did not pay historically ... mmmm no wonder you cant even build the historical ships in the first 6 months of 42.

Naval construction points were adjusted so Japan can produce ships on the dates they have been produced historically. You don't lose anything. You get 2 battleships experienced in combat at the date when they were ready historically, without risk for them to be sunk during training. In fact I think AFBs should be asking for those ships to arrive earlier.
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

ORIGINAL: Djordje

Naval construction points were adjusted so Japan can produce ships on the dates they have been produced historically. You don't lose anything. You get 2 battleships experienced in combat at the date when they were ready historically, without risk for them to be sunk during training. In fact I think AFBs should be asking for those ships to arrive earlier.

Can I advance build the SS Archerfish to counter the Japanese BB expansion [;)]
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Waaah... Waaah... Waaah...

You don't like it, use the editor.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Bradley7735

Yes, but you get 60ish/60ish exp ships without having to do a training cruise. All Japanese warships from day one to the end of the war start with 60-75 day exp and 60-70 night exp. The allies have to wait until 43 to get ships of that caliber. All the starting ships and all the ships coming in in 42 have 50ish day and 30ish night exp. To get their night exp up to Japanese levels (despite lessons learned from other ships in the fleet and ship crew transfers), they have to spend approx 210 days at sea. (7 days per night xp gain X 30 point differential)

So, Yamato is ready to fight on day one, in May and South Dakota, Washington and North Carolina are bumbling idiots until mid 43.

If I were playing the Japanese, I don't know if I'd rather have the ship early and use fuel for a training cruise (even though she'd start fully trained), or have the ship in May and use HI to train her. It's probably cheaper in the long run to use fuel, and she'd technically be vulnerable during the training cruises, like her allied counterparts loitering near SF.

For those of you who are going to tell me I'm an idiot and that Japanese ships were heavily trained pre war, my arguement is for post 12/41 construction ships. There's absolutely no reason that Yamato has 25% more day exp and double the night exp of any new construction US BB's. (this is irrelevant starting 1/1/43, as all US ships start with the same exp as Japanese ships)
Great point, Bradley7735.
bklooste

Post by bklooste »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Waaah... Waaah... Waaah...

You don't like it, use the editor.
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Going by her TROM, I think a reasonable compromise would be for Yamato to enter the game on 10 Feb 1942, after her final fitting out.

Underdog Fanboy
bklooste

Post by bklooste »

I agree with you but 2 wrongs dont make a right... some points

1) The Naval point loss is massive

Also the Naval points were NOT adjusted Historically where did that one come from .. Historically they were building all 4 Yamatos including Number 4 ( if you take Yamato in the yard Shinano and 111 were laid down in May 40) the Taiho , Chûyô etc this is not possible in game.

2) In the 6 months ( she was commisioned in late 41) she mainly sailed around training she spent some time training and a month in the docks to improve the poor accuracy of her guns. That being said if she was needed she would have sailed the players dont have this option. Having some low accuracy devices and an upgrade is a much better way to model it.

3) Fix the training issue. However people prob use the training as a tool to give good 41 historical performance . Without it you will prob find in most encounters the Japanese will get shot to pieces in 41.

Underdog Fanboy
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I agree with you but 2 wrongs dont make a right... some points

1) The Naval point loss is massive

Also the Naval points were NOT adjusted Historically where did that one come from .. Historically they were building all 4 Yamatos including Number 4 ( if you take Yamato in the yard Shinano and 111 were laid down in May 40) the Taiho , Chûyô etc this is not possible in game.

2) In the 6 months ( she was commisioned in late 41) she mainly sailed around training she spent some time training and a month in the docks to improve the poor accuracy of her guns. That being said if she was needed she would have sailed the players dont have this option. Having some low accuracy devices and an upgrade is a much better way to model it.

3) Fix the training issue. However people prob use the training as a tool to give good 41 historical performance . Without it you will prob find in most encounters the Japanese will get shot to pieces in 41.

On the other end of the scale.....not all those allied ships need to start with low crew numbers either. The U.S.Navy gave those "E" ratings to some of those ships for good reason, and the Brits have war experience under their belt already...I feel the numbers are good as is, but as mentioned, there is that fine editor.............

bklooste

Post by bklooste »

Honestly i couldnt care less if the Yamato came on December or May as she is not needed before then what i care about is the lack of Naval points. Some (Most?) players accelerate Yamato which makes it worse. Basically i should be able to build everything they built historically and if i stop building Shinano I should be able to use those points. Try it yourself stop Shinano dont accelerate anything and seed how many points you have.

The editor is fine but its kind of hard to go into a PBEM and convince the other party to edit a few things.
Underdog Fanboy
Bradley7735

Post by Bradley7735 »

Honestly i couldnt care less if the Yamato came on December or May as she is not needed before then what i care about is the lack of Naval points. Some (Most?) players accelerate Yamato which makes it worse. Basically i should be able to build everything they built historically and if i stop building Shinano I should be able to use those points. Try it yourself stop Shinano dont accelerate anything and seed how many points you have.

The editor is fine but its kind of hard to go into a PBEM and convince the other party to edit a few things.

ships only start using naval points when they are a year or less from completion. Beyond that, the points are free. The WITP AE team has given Japan enough naval points to build what they did historically. If you stop Shinano, you will have extra build points, but not until she would have started using them, which is 365 days from completion. Stop Musashi, then you'll have extra points to allocate towards speedy completion of something else.

IF Yamato is given an earlier arrival date, then one of the Japanese naval yards will be reduced accordingly. It may be more accurate to have her earlier, but she should come in at 30/30 exp. In fact, you should probably get all new construction 6 months earlier than normal. put them at no exp. But, it's a lot more work for the devs, and a lot more tedious crap for the players. Keep it the way it is. People can always use the editor (to quote Terminus).
The older I get, the better I was.
goran007

Post by goran007 »

who cares.

if u consider cost of fuel usage, ammunition and sailors needs to operate it, multiply it with each day it actually did sit in harbor while rest of Japan army fought. Japan would benefit more if they turned from Perl Harbor and bombed Yamato in Kure shipyard where it was build on dec.7 1941.

That ship was worthless peace of obsolete junk.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”