2012?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

CrusssDaddy

2012?

Post by CrusssDaddy »

According to a John Cusack movie I saw a commercial for, the world is ending in 2012. If this is true, I fear we'll all be dead before MWiF sees the light of day. Since not even God in all his glory can seemingly advance the progress of MWiF, is there anything we can do to delay the apocalypse?

yesman68

RE: 2012?

Post by yesman68 »

Prayer.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

According to a John Cusack movie I saw a commercial for, the world is ending in 2012. If this is true, I fear we'll all be dead before MWiF sees the light of day. Since not even God in all his glory can seemingly advance the progress of MWiF, is there anything we can do to delay the apocalypse?

Warspite1

Probably needs to be raised in the When? thread but eitherway CrusssDaddy relax [8D].

God created the World; he also created World In Flames - Harry Rowland was his instrument [&o].

There is no way he will let the world end before MWIF is released. What do the Mayans know anyway?

Only death and taxes are certain in life - but I feel pretty confident in saying:

a) MWIF will be here when its ready, and this will be well before 2012, and
b) The world will not end in 2012.

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
obermeister

Post by obermeister »

First thing to ask anyone who says they believe this - do they still contribute to their 401(k)?  [;)]
runyan99

Post by runyan99 »

Perhaps the release of WiF in 2012 will be the event that signals the end of the world. Ever thought of that?
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: obermeister

First thing to ask anyone who says they believe this - do they still contribute to their 401(k)?  [;)]

What 401K? Mine was destroyed in the current crisis....[:(][:(][:(]
Flipper
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Err...not even the Mayans thought the world would end in 2012...

Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012. "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday event or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

And anyway, clever as they were, if they had some deep, cosmic knowledge of the future, why didn't they see the Spaniards coming?

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

The aliens on patrol overhead will tell you all about it if you just eat some blue mushrooms...
Triboga

Post by Triboga »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

And anyway, clever as they were, if they had some deep, cosmic knowledge of the future, why didn't they see the Spaniards coming?

Cheers, Neilster

Maybe that's because we were lost trying to travel to India [8|], even Colon didn't know he was traveling to South America nor the Mayas .
"Prefiero arrasar un país que dejarlo en manos de Herejes"

http://elgrancapitan91.blogspot.com/
BlackStarWizard

Post by BlackStarWizard »

Oh crap. I heard about it but until you pointed this out I didn't care.
pochepiller

Post by pochepiller »

The Mayas correctly predicted that WiF will came out in 2012?
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

ORIGINAL: pochepiller

The Mayas correctly predicted that WiF will came out in 2012?

Maybe that was their calendar was all about, it was not predicting the end of the world in 2012, it was predicting, "a world in flames". [:D]
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

God created the World; he also created World In Flames - Harry Rowland was his instrument .

I heard God was going to showing up at WiFcon this year.... and playing Germany, no doubt!
You can't fight in here...this is the war room!
vlcz

Post by vlcz »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Easy. As The Masters said: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" [8D]

Attachments
Spanish_In.._Python.jpg
Spanish_In.._Python.jpg (50.77 KiB) Viewed 106 times

Return to “World in Flames”