Which Team?

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

Taz0713

Which Team?

Post by Taz0713 »

Now that time has freed up again, I plan on starting a new association with the 2009 mid year template Shaun has created. My question to my fellow PureSimmers is which team should I move forward with. I am looking to take a team that has struggled over the last few years (my Cubbies do not count here [:(] ). I was thinking one of the following teams (I do have an affinity for the NL):

1. San Francisco Giants (sorry Dodger fans)
2. New York Mets - due to the colapses over the last few years.
3. Kansas City Royals - Pirates of the AL
4. Seattle Mariners - Local team who have struggled the last few years.
5. Baltimore Orioles - Peter Angelos is the owner, do I need to say more?

You will notice that I will not take on a NL Central team (can't necessarily compete against my Cubs). Feel free to make other suggestions.

Thanks,
akcranker

RE: Which Team?

Post by akcranker »

I'd say the Royals, they have some nice young players and could be fun to build up.

I'd probably say Mariners or Orioles next. Both promising teams and would be fun to build upon.

To me the Giants & Mets are too easy.. both are big market and would be easier imo to rebuild.

Good luck with whatever team you choose.  I might end up doing the same and picking some team.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

I think the Mets would be fun, but onlyl because you're rivals with the World Champs.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
Taz0713

Post by Taz0713 »

I have decide to take on the NY Mess. Since the finances in the game don't overly hurt anyone, I don't think that is much of an issue. I think taking on the Mets will allow me to play in the NL, but also rebuild an aging team around Mr. Wright.

Thanks for weighing in.
LetsPlay2

Post by LetsPlay2 »

You might be able to motivate them into playing for an entire 162 games, instead of folding in September.

LP2

Taz0713

Post by Taz0713 »

ORIGINAL: LetsPlay2

You might be able to motivate them into playing for an entire 162 games, instead of folding in September.

We are currently playing .500 ball, but I need to get them to start hitting as we are not batting much more than .220. It has been pitching that has kept us in most games. September scares me. [;)]

Return to “PureSim Baseball”